The Student Room Group

AQA or Edexcel for English Lit??

I intend to study a 1 year online course for A-level English Literature and would like to know which exam board is easier - AQA or Edexcel?
Original post by Izzy68xx
I intend to study a 1 year online course for A-level English Literature and would like to know which exam board is easier - AQA or Edexcel?

Looking at the AQA papers, they do appear easier. If Edexcel papers are difficult but you only need 50% to pass, AQA papers are easier but you need 70% to pass (numbers completely made up), then you have to take that into consideration.

Edexcel IGCSE is said to be the easiest board to take English Language and Literature under.
Reply 2
Original post by johnbravo
Looking at the AQA papers, they do appear easier. If Edexcel papers are difficult but you only need 50% to pass, AQA papers are easier but you need 70% to pass (numbers completely made up), then you have to take that into consideration.

Edexcel IGCSE is said to be the easiest board to take English Language and Literature under.

Thanks for replying, I know Edexcel has 3 exams rather than 2, so maybe best to go with AQA? (I'm not that confident with exams).
i think there is not very much to be honest our teacher said that they did edexcel because there was one less text which is a weird reason to me
Reply 4
Ofqual will moderate to ensure they are of comparable difficulty. I'd pick based on:

How robust their plan if for getting the NEA marked and getting you entered for the exams

the choice of set books,

Original post by Izzy68xx
Thanks for replying, I know Edexcel has 3 exams rather than 2, so maybe best to go with AQA? (I'm not that confident with exams).

You're very welcome, feel free to ask me any English related questions

Quick Reply

Latest