KatelanMX
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Hi! Just thought I'd post here as I've stumbled upon an issue with my course. I'm eligible for SFE funding and they are ready to give me the money when the university says I'm registered. But when completing the registration process, they require the funding info and an upfront payment of around £1,200! But the issue is I can't access any of the money to fund my course until SFE have it that I've registered so I don't know what to do as I have literally no way of acquiring £1,200 now to pay something upfront for SFE to put the first instalment into my account. I've contacted the university (Anglia RU) for advice also but it's past 5pm so yet to hear back. I'm just sure there must be a way the university can confirm with Sfe so that I can access the funding to pay for the course as I'm sure a lot of people who go to start their course don't have £1,200 up front and rely on the student finance funding for payment. Has anyone had this or know if this will be possible ? Thanks !
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Contact [email protected] and ask for their advice. They might just need to adjust your payment plan.
ARUOfficial
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by KatelanMX)
Hi! Just thought I'd post here as I've stumbled upon an issue with my course. I'm eligible for SFE funding and they are ready to give me the money when the university says I'm registered. But when completing the registration process, they require the funding info and an upfront payment of around £1,200! But the issue is I can't access any of the money to fund my course until SFE have it that I've registered so I don't know what to do as I have literally no way of acquiring £1,200 now to pay something upfront for SFE to put the first instalment into my account. I've contacted the university (Anglia RU) for advice also but it's past 5pm so yet to hear back. I'm just sure there must be a way the university can confirm with Sfe so that I can access the funding to pay for the course as I'm sure a lot of people who go to start their course don't have £1,200 up front and rely on the student finance funding for payment. Has anyone had this or know if this will be possible ? Thanks !
Hello KatelanMX
If you're still waiting for help, I've written an answer below but if one of the team have resolved this for you now, you can ignore me!

It sounds like the system thinks you're paying the fees yourself rather than using funding/a loan. The best thing to do is email [email protected] and they should be able to rectify this for you and get everything changed over.

Alternatively, if you're on campus or close-by our team in the iCentre will be able to help you personally, too.

If you're really worried and cannot come to campus, just give us a ring on 01245 686868 and a member of the team should be able to direct you to the right place and get this sorted for you.

Due to the time of year, we're incredibly busy so you might need to hold, but it should be faster than waiting for an email response which may take a few working days at the moment, given the volume of emails we're dealing with.

Please don't worry, this can be sorted out for you
I hope you're ok and excited to be starting in a week or so!

best
Megan
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.43%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.57%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.57%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (24)
13.71%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (47)
26.86%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.86%

Watched Threads