Spu354334
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Not really we won't get an idea cos not everyone knows about or even has student room.
Jaaferrrr!!!
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Spu354334)
Not really we won't get an idea cos not everyone knows about or even has student room.
Fairs. But the previous years’ applicants have been quite live on here so if it isnt live this year then maybe there are less
Coderanj
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Jaaferrrr!!!)
Do you know anyone else applying? Hopefully after people have applied we’ll see them on here and get an idea of how many people r applying the less the better ofc
One of my mates was at the uob summer school and they told me 5 or 6 people they spoke to are applying
Jaaferrrr!!!
Rep:
?
(Original post by Coderanj)
One of my mates was at the uob summer school and they told me 5 or 6 people they spoke to are applying
Did ur mate get any info abt the course like salary or somit
Coderanj
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Did ur mate get any info abt the course like salary or somit
I messaged someone on LinkedIn and they told me its 12k, 15k 20k, 17.5k
Jaaferrrr!!!
Rep:
?
I messaged someone on LinkedIn and they told me its 12k, 15k 20k, 17.5k
In the ucas application what r u putting under the finance section cuz this course is being paid for ofc
Coderanj
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
In the ucas application what r u putting under the finance section cuz this course is being paid for ofc
I got told to put the UK student finance service option or whatever it is because I might not get on and student finance applications can be cancelled so it makes sense to apply for sf as a backup
Spu354334
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Nah they don't pay for the course unless it's that business management one, audit and tech don't get it
Coderanj
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Nah they don't pay for the course unless it's that business management one, audit and tech don't get it
Tech does
It's a degree apprenticeship
Spu354334
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Tech does
It's a degree apprenticeship
Oh does it, thats cool
Jaaferrrr!!!
Rep:
?
I got told to put the UK student finance service option or whatever it is because I might not get on and student finance applications can be cancelled so it makes sense to apply for sf as a backup
Okay sorted thanks
Coderanj
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Oh does it, thats cool
yeh
Coderanj
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Okay sorted thanks
np
Amana1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi.
Do you know for the flying start degrees and how some unis have a required grade for GCSE, do you think they’ll be more lenient due to covid?
Amana1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I havent sent mine off yet, just finishing my personal statement. What a levels r u doing and what are your predicteds
Hi, if you don’t mind me asking. What experience have you put in your personal statement if you done any? Just curious to see what people are saying
Disperately
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Amana1)
Hi.
Do you know for the flying start degrees and how some unis have a required grade for GCSE, do you think they’ll be more lenient due to covid?
As they get so many applicants sadly I doubt they’ll accept below required grades unless there are exceptional circumstances.

You could contact the Uni department directly to ask if you wanted to be certain rather than waste an application option.
Jaaferrrr!!!
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi.
Leeds requires a 6 in gcse maths if a level maths isnt taken. And they require a c in english so birmingham myt be the same
Amana1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Disperately)
As they get so many applicants sadly I doubt they’ll accept below required grades unless there are exceptional circumstances.

You could contact the Uni department directly to ask if you wanted to be certain rather than waste an application option.
Yes, I did contact the uni about this and they said after I apply I should email them again so the course selector knows about my circumstances and they may overlook it but it’s not guaranteed. I was just wondering if anyone knew of someone getting accepted by not meeting the gcse requirements
Jaaferrrr!!!
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Yes, I did contact the uni about this and they said after I apply I should email them again so the course selector knows about my circumstances and they may overlook it but it’s not guaranteed. I was just wondering if anyone knew of someone getting accepted by not meeting the gcse requirements
What r ur gcses
Amana1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What r ur gcses
For maths I got a grade 5 and then when I retook them in year 12 they predicted me a 5 again
For English I got 6 in both Lang and lit
And I got a 6/7 in everything else.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (181)
55.52%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (45)
13.8%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (36)
11.04%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (31)
9.51%
I haven't started researching yet (18)
5.52%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
4.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed