The Student Room Group

Previously quit uni 10 years ago - Funding

Hi all,

Not sure at all if this is in the right place. But i went to Uni 10 years ago, had the tuition loans (didn't qualify for the grants) But I left for one reason or another. (Retook my first year, then left)

Im now 30, and have now realised my ambitions. Im currently looking at 'X' course, and the wording on the SFE website isnt very clear regarding a second loan to say. It all seems down to criteria. My point is, i dont want to go through all the pre-planning, changing jobs, applying for uni to then be turned down from SFE as i cant self-fund it.

Has anyone got any insight on this ?

Thank you

Andrew
If you studied for 2 years previously then the way previous study rules work then for most courses the first year of your new degree would be “unfunded”. Unfunded means that for that year you wouldn’t be eligible for a tuition fee loan. You would still be eligible for a maintenance loan for every year of the new course (assuming you meet the citizenship and residency rules).

If you’re considering studying certain courses that are classed as exempt then you would be eligible for full funding for the full duration of the new course.
Original post by PQ
If you studied for 2 years previously then the way previous study rules work then for most courses the first year of your new degree would be “unfunded”. Unfunded means that for that year you wouldn’t be eligible for a tuition fee loan. You would still be eligible for a maintenance loan for every year of the new course (assuming you meet the citizenship and residency rules).

If you’re considering studying certain courses that are classed as exempt then you would be eligible for full funding for the full duration of the new course.

Thanks for this helped me too, I'm getting £8000 for my maintenance grant, should I call my uni and ask them if I can pay when I get my finance? Do you think they will enroll me prior to payment?
Thanks!!
Original post by imran1020
Thanks for this helped me too, I'm getting £8000 for my maintenance grant, should I call my uni and ask them if I can pay when I get my finance? Do you think they will enroll me prior to payment?
Thanks!!

If you talk to your university finance/income team about your situation then they will often be able to help with a payment plan that works for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending