The Student Room Group

NHS GMTS 2022 NHS Graduate Management Training Scheme 2022

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by BlowinInTheWind
They said that they were going to upload them to the GMTS website by the end of this week, but they were having technical difficulties. Hopefully they will go up soon. I’ve been holding off doing it in the hope of these practise questions, but if they don’t go up soon I’m just going to go for it.

Thank you. I wanted to do it tonight but its worth the wait I think.
Reply 41
Original post by BlowinInTheWind
Hi everyone,

I thought I'd start this thread in anticipation for the September 2022 entry for the NHS GTMS.

Has anyone else seen that the application process for this year has completely changed? Instead of typical separate aptitude tests, it is now a 3 stage process - "Capptivate, Simulate and Virtual Assessment". Not sure what these will entail yet.

What streams are you all planning to apply for? Not sure when applications open yet, it's usually October time, but best of luck everyone :smile:

EDIT: Applications open 4th of October and close at the end of November. A big difference from previous campaigns.

Can anyone tell me as to whether the Capptivate assessment has a maths competency test?

Cheers :smile:
Original post by watl500
Can anyone tell me as to whether the Capptivate assessment has a maths competency test?

Cheers :smile:

Like most online tests for graduate schemes there will be some graphs and data to analyse but you don't really need advanced math skills to figure them out. I'd say take your time and read carefully through the questions - ideally have a calculator and some paper with you to help.

Edit: this might depend on which scheme you are applying for. Never applied for finance, for example, so not sure if the test would be slightly different and more math based.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 43
I’ve just done my captivate assessment - I found it much more enjoyable than any application I’ve done before! Felt like I was genuinely getting a better insight into the scheme and they were questioning my personality/abilities
I know there was a bit of confusion at some point as to the closing date for applications. Just received the following email:

"We have been made aware that an incorrect date was present in our communications and we wish to issue a clarification.

The closing date for the submission of your completed application form is 13th November 23.59. Applications cannot be submitted after this date, even if they are in-progress".

Just in case anyone was thinking of waiting a bit longer to apply.
Reply 45
Original post by Alex.s10
Like most online tests for graduate schemes there will be some graphs and data to analyse but you don't really need advanced math skills to figure them out. I'd say take your time and read carefully through the questions - ideally have a calculator and some paper with you to help.

Edit: this might depend on which scheme you are applying for. Never applied for finance, for example, so not sure if the test would be slightly different and more math based.

I'm applying for General Management and Policy/Strategy - ace! Thank you! :smile:
Are the practice tests out yet?
Hello everyone! I'm in my second year of university and want to apply, however, it does say in the first section whether I'll be able to begin the scheme next year. Will I be rejected if I say no? I can't find information on the website if they accept penultimate year students, only undergraduates.
Original post by Dekiee654
Hello everyone! I'm in my second year of university and want to apply, however, it does say in the first section whether I'll be able to begin the scheme next year. Will I be rejected if I say no? I can't find information on the website if they accept penultimate year students, only undergraduates.

You won't be able to apply unless you are in your final year or you have already graduated.

There are other organisations that will offer internships to penultimate year students (running in the summer) and some that will run off cycle shorter internships. Not sure if the NHS offers anything like that though.
Reply 49
Hi everyone. Anyone know if the capptivate asessment includes E-Tray Exercise?
I’ve applied and done my captivate.. although I’ve realised I’ve made a bit of a mistake. I’ve put down policy as my first choice, but put down South east and my location preference 😅😅 London was my second choice though.. hope it doesn’t matter!
Reply 51
Original post by Jenniferb13
I’ve applied and done my captivate.. although I’ve realised I’ve made a bit of a mistake. I’ve put down policy as my first choice, but put down South east and my location preference 😅😅 London was my second choice though.. hope it doesn’t matter!

Hi does it include E-tray exercise?
Original post by Mohhpa

I’m going to say no - as I have no idea what that is?
Original post by Mohhpa

I'm assuming by E-tray exercise you mean whether you will be given a scenario and then asked to pick a course of action from a multiple choice list or to rank a course of action based on how effective or ineffective it would be.

In that case then yes, you should expect to have something like that in the assessment. It's quite standard now for most graduate schemes (that I've applied for anyway).
Reply 54
Original post by Alex.s10
I'm assuming by E-tray exercise you mean whether you will be given a scenario and then asked to pick a course of action from a multiple choice list or to rank a course of action based on how effective or ineffective it would be.

In that case then yes, you should expect to have something like that in the assessment. It's quite standard now for most graduate schemes (that I've applied for anyway).

Thanks. E-Tray is more indepth and much more intensive than that I guess but its encouraging its not part of the assessment. What you described is the standard SJT.
Reply 55
I'm conflicted on whether to apply for General or HR. Anyone have any advice? Also does anyone know how many places are allocated for each stream v. the no of applications?
Has anyone progressed onto the Simulate assessment yet?
Reply 57
Original post by w_sab
I'm conflicted on whether to apply for General or HR. Anyone have any advice? Also does anyone know how many places are allocated for each stream v. the no of applications?

Check the page and look carefully before you select your schemes. I have done the mistake of selecting some schemes I liked but found out that some had as few as 10 places which means the competition is ferocious. some schemes like the generalist has about 259 places if I remember well others like Diplo have 10. Once you make the selection you will not be able to change. Bear that in mind.
Original post by Mohhpa
Check the page and look carefully before you select your schemes. I have done the mistake of selecting some schemes I liked but found out that some had as few as 10 places which means the competition is ferocious. some schemes like the generalist has about 259 places if I remember well others like Diplo have 10. Once you make the selection you will not be able to change. Bear that in mind.

It sounds like you are referring to the Civil Service Fast Stream, rather than the NHS programme. I haven't found any list breaking down the vacancies per scheme for the NHS. The website says "300 trainees", so I guess that's the total.
Reply 59
Deleted
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending