The Student Room Group

Opinion on this - books

Sooo I only just started reading this year, I was into ready like 3/4 years back but my boyfriend has gotten me into reading like properly. I've read 2 books so far! I finished the 1st one in a month and a half during lock down the second one about 3/4 months cause I was back at work.

Now I'm reading another book I'm on page... 156? And theres 496 pages, I started reading it months ago! I'm really quite struggling to finish it, I think it's mainly cause I'm back at work and I want to do other things than read but when I have the chance or I want to chill I do read!

I really want to get into reading, my boyfriend is properly into reading his room has 2 massive book cases! He's amazing at reading! You get me...
God definitely read shorter books!

I adore reading but it’s mostly serial killer drama and nice and easy read, it’s not an English degree! I Read for fun!
Reply 2
Some books are big commitments, but I enjoy that. it's not for everyone to read huge tomes, and don't feel compelled to. Read whatever ye like, short or long.
Reply 3
Original post by RG250
Sooo I only just started reading this year, I was into ready like 3/4 years back but my boyfriend has gotten me into reading like properly. I've read 2 books so far! I finished the 1st one in a month and a half during lock down the second one about 3/4 months cause I was back at work.

Now I'm reading another book I'm on page... 156? And theres 496 pages, I started reading it months ago! I'm really quite struggling to finish it, I think it's mainly cause I'm back at work and I want to do other things than read but when I have the chance or I want to chill I do read!

I really want to get into reading, my boyfriend is properly into reading his room has 2 massive book cases! He's amazing at reading! You get me.

I used to read years ago and started reading this summer and its going well but every few books when I read a book I don't feel engaged in I put it down because forcing yourself to read something that isn't interesting may cause you to not want to read anymore and that sucks , so find books from genres you like like maybe teen fiction or fantasy books. there are a lot of easy reads that can get u into reading and then explore other genres like classics
Sounds you are reading books that perhaps don't interest you? Don't pressure yourself into reading books that you feel like you "should" read, because reading should be for fun. When I want to get back into reading and struggle with more serious books, I sometimes go back to re-reading books I liked as a child (Enid Blyton is my guilty pleasure :colondollar:), or just go for lighter fiction that I know I will enjoy rather than the more heavy books on my "To Read" list. Jodi Picoult's books are a good middle ground.
(edited 2 years ago)
don't make reading a chore, if it takes you a while to read it takes you a while to read :smile:, nbd. if you drive to work, you could always try listening to audio books in the car
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 6
Thanks everyone! I think I'll definitely start reading some shorter books, my boyfriend recently gave me some small books! I could move onto them if I get bored but I do love the book I'm currently reading sometimes it's just gets to a boring bit 😂
Reply 7
Congrats, wish i could get my partner to read but she simply refuses to :lol:
But as others said, find shorter or more easily written texts (if that makes sense) sort of work your way up to the tombs
Reply 8
Original post by Napp
Congrats, wish i could get my partner to read but she simply refuses to :lol:
But as others said, find shorter or more easily written texts (if that makes sense) sort of work your way up to the tombs

Haha 😂 I don't know how he did it! 😂 And yes got you I should probably do that if I can't get into reading one day, thank youuuu :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending