Opinion on this - books

Watch
RG250
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
Sooo I only just started reading this year, I was into ready like 3/4 years back but my boyfriend has gotten me into reading like properly. I've read 2 books so far! I finished the 1st one in a month and a half during lock down the second one about 3/4 months cause I was back at work.

Now I'm reading another book I'm on page... 156? And theres 496 pages, I started reading it months ago! I'm really quite struggling to finish it, I think it's mainly cause I'm back at work and I want to do other things than read but when I have the chance or I want to chill I do read!

I really want to get into reading, my boyfriend is properly into reading his room has 2 massive book cases! He's amazing at reading! You get me...
Catherine1973
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
God definitely read shorter books!

I adore reading but it’s mostly serial killer drama and nice and easy read, it’s not an English degree! I Read for fun!
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Some books are big commitments, but I enjoy that. it's not for everyone to read huge tomes, and don't feel compelled to. Read whatever ye like, short or long.
fhasxx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by RG250)
Sooo I only just started reading this year, I was into ready like 3/4 years back but my boyfriend has gotten me into reading like properly. I've read 2 books so far! I finished the 1st one in a month and a half during lock down the second one about 3/4 months cause I was back at work.

Now I'm reading another book I'm on page... 156? And theres 496 pages, I started reading it months ago! I'm really quite struggling to finish it, I think it's mainly cause I'm back at work and I want to do other things than read but when I have the chance or I want to chill I do read!

I really want to get into reading, my boyfriend is properly into reading his room has 2 massive book cases! He's amazing at reading! You get me.
I used to read years ago and started reading this summer and its going well but every few books when I read a book I don't feel engaged in I put it down because forcing yourself to read something that isn't interesting may cause you to not want to read anymore and that sucks , so find books from genres you like like maybe teen fiction or fantasy books. there are a lot of easy reads that can get u into reading and then explore other genres like classics
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Sounds you are reading books that perhaps don't interest you? Don't pressure yourself into reading books that you feel like you "should" read, because reading should be for fun. When I want to get back into reading and struggle with more serious books, I sometimes go back to re-reading books I liked as a child (Enid Blyton is my guilty pleasure ), or just go for lighter fiction that I know I will enjoy rather than the more heavy books on my "To Read" list. Jodi Picoult's books are a good middle ground.
Last edited by black tea; 2 days ago
64Lightbulbs
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
don't make reading a chore, if it takes you a while to read it takes you a while to read , nbd. if you drive to work, you could always try listening to audio books in the car
Last edited by 64Lightbulbs; 2 days ago
RG250
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
Thanks everyone! I think I'll definitely start reading some shorter books, my boyfriend recently gave me some small books! I could move onto them if I get bored but I do love the book I'm currently reading sometimes it's just gets to a boring bit 😂
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Congrats, wish i could get my partner to read but she simply refuses to :lol:
But as others said, find shorter or more easily written texts (if that makes sense) sort of work your way up to the tombs
RG250
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 minutes ago
(Original post by Napp)
Congrats, wish i could get my partner to read but she simply refuses to :lol:
But as others said, find shorter or more easily written texts (if that makes sense) sort of work your way up to the tombs
Haha 😂 I don't know how he did it! 😂 And yes got you I should probably do that if I can't get into reading one day, thank youuuu
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (0)
0%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (2)
16.67%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (2)
16.67%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (2)
16.67%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (4)
33.33%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (2)
16.67%

Watched Threads