I work part time in a pub? does this go on my UCAS application and how?

Watch this thread
sophieemorgann
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I've worked in a pub for 2 years almost so I was wondering how I make unis aware of this, so does it go in the employment section of the application or just on my personal statement? Thanks so much
asclepeion
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by sophieemorgann)
I've worked in a pub for 2 years almost so I was wondering how I make unis aware of this, so does it go in the employment section of the application or just on my personal statement? Thanks so much
Put it under employment, your personal statement has a precious amount of 4000 characters and 47 lines and should be focused on why you’re applying to your chosen course
University of Strathclyde
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
Hey sophieemorgann Yes, add it under the 'Employment' section. While your PS should be used for showing your interest and passion for your chosen course, *if* it is relevant you could mention it there to back up your suitability for the degree. For example, if you're applying to a degree in Business Management you could talk about how you have an understanding of working with customers and towards the business' needs. You could also use it to demonstrate your capability in team working, problem solving and working under pressure if you're staffing during busy times. Don't force it in to your PS if it doesn't fit though, as someone above has noted - you've not got a lot of room and you don't want to waste any space.

Good luck with it!
- Caitlin
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
spectrum84
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
When u apply on UCAS there's a section for work experience/jobs, u add it in there
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (97)
68.31%
No (30)
21.13%
I didn't use it to prepare (15)
10.56%

Watched Threads