gentlecactus
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I'm looking at two different universities. One of them exempts you from 9 ACCA exams.

The other says it gives full professional level exemption from the ACCA, full exemption from the operational level of the CIMA qualification, and exemptions from 7 ICAEW papers.

However I prefer the university that gives you less exemptions due to the campus and location. Should I reconsider?
username4899406
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
not necessarily, a lot of employers can sometimes even want you to retake certain exams anyway, especially financial accounting , finance and tax etc
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
It depends a lot on your future career. As noted above for chartered firms exemptions can be a bit of a double edged sword - some people struggle with later exams as they find university did not cover the material in the same way, so often employers as people to take the exams anyway.

On the other hand for a career in business (outside of professional firms) its a huge saving of time and possibly expense to have fewer exams to sit.

Lets say two exams would take you 6 months studying part time when you have a job - so around 15 hours a week of study on top of full time work. Is that worth it to you over a university I prefer?

Given no-one is sure what they will want to do in life when finished I think for 2 exams different I would chose university first. For more I might consider more deeply.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (66)
12.24%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.67%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (141)
26.16%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.16%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (261)
48.42%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise