himuraai03
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi! So I'm trying to find a room on Spareroom to move out and it's my first time. What do I do about references? I can't really reference my parents or any family members as I'm actually trying to run away. I'm 18 now though so nothing in the government can help me. Anyways, how hard would it be for me to get a room there? And what type of references do they want?

Also I saw that they look at your credit history and your other landlord to see if you're okay. I don't have a credit card and I don't know anything about the landlord of the current house I am in. What should I do?

Please give tips.
Last edited by himuraai03; 1 week ago
tictac2397
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
sounds like things are very complicated in your situation but in my opinion for a reference get someone who knows you well to make you look good and have them ge the background information
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
I have had lodgers via spare room. I didn't ask for references, I just asked for proof of ID, work contract/evidence they were at uni, and a deposit. But different landlords will ask for different things. The reference will be a character reference - if you are at school/college, a teacher may be able to provide this. When I first moved out, my referees were a school teacher and a member of staff at an organisation I volunteered for.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (25)
13.23%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.35%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.76%
I need help with my personal statement (79)
41.8%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (46)
24.34%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.59%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (15)
7.94%

Watched Threads