somto.x
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Epq ideas :

I’m looking to do my epq based on something related to child nursing as I want to study it in university .

I’m thinking of different things like :
Effects of poverty on children
Reasons for low mortality rate in certain countries then others
How healthcare is different between cultures : faith

ADHD affect in child on children - the psychological , social and physical development
Pallative care - who’s decision is it ? Child or parent
Etc
19megaastb
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi there!

Im about to go study childrens nursing at uni and whilst its not particularly around your current ideas, I did my EPQ on the thalidomide disaster and how it affected the growth of children and their lives. Whilst it is quite a sad topic it was certainly interesting with lots of information available out there to help with research
flamingolover
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by somto.x)
Epq ideas :

I’m looking to do my epq based on something related to child nursing as I want to study it in university .

I’m thinking of different things like :
Effects of poverty on children
Reasons for low mortality rate in certain countries then others
How healthcare is different between cultures : faith

ADHD affect in child on children - the psychological , social and physical development
Pallative care - who’s decision is it ? Child or parent
Etc
whatever you choose pick a topic that you can discuss both sides of. You have to be Abel to talk about positives/negatives, pros/cons, fors/againsts then summaries what you think at the end. As long as you do enough research and can talk about both sides I’m sure you will do wel!
somto.x
Rep:
?
Thank you ,, which one of my topics do you think have a positive and negative view?
somto.x
Rep:
?
(Original post by 19megaastb)
Hi there!

Im about to go study childrens nursing at uni and whilst its not particularly around your current ideas, I did my EPQ on the thalidomide disaster and how it affected the growth of children and their lives. Whilst it is quite a sad topic it was certainly interesting with lots of information available out there to help with research
Thank you , what does thalidomide mean and how did you think of the idea ? Which one of my do you think I would find the most information on?
19megaastb
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by somto.x)
Thank you , what does thalidomide mean and how did you think of the idea ? Which one of my do you think I would find the most information on?
Thalidomide was a drug that was developed to help pregnant women deal with morning sickness and headaches- it was deemed to be safe but affected the development of children I got the idea after watching a documentary on it that I had come across- also watched an episode from Call the midwife haha... i focused more on the childrens development after they were born.

From your ideas I would think that you could find a lot of information regarding the effect of poverty on children- if this was the topic you decided to go with and found that you were struggling to make research from, it would tie in nicely with the other idea of yours- combine them to show how the effect of poverty can relate to the mortality rate in children

hope this helped somewhat!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (19)
16.81%
I need help researching courses (8)
7.08%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
5.31%
I need help with my personal statement (43)
38.05%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (28)
24.78%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
1.77%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (7)
6.19%

Watched Threads