The Student Room Group

LOVE babies but I probably can't have my own.

I'm a guy, probably infertile Idk for sure but there's a high chance I am because of a chromosomal disorder.

I really love babies though, my sister had a son and I didn't expect I'd enjoy so much being an uncle lol. I really wanna have kids in the future.

But my question is do any women prefer to adopt rather than have a biological child? I fear my defect is gonna put women off in the future...
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a guy, probably infertile Idk for sure but there's a high chance I am because of a chromosomal disorder.

I really love babies though, my sister had a son and I didn't expect I'd enjoy so much being an uncle lol. I really wanna have kids in the future.

But my question is do any women prefer to adopt rather than have a biological child? I fear my defect is gonna put women off in the future...

It’s probably a good thing if you’re infertile as most women wouldn’t want any kind of disorder passed onto their children. I hope that doesn’t come across in a mean way as it is not meant to be at all. I am a woman who doesn’t want to carry my own children. I have Aspergers and sensory processing issues so the thought of 9 months of being unable to fully control my body and what I feel makes me feel sick just thinking about it. There are lots of women in similar situations, some just don’t want to be pregnant for just not wanting to carry a child, some are infertile, and some just don’t mind. You can get a sperm donor if she wants to be a mother, or just adopt. A lot of women would be okay with that. It is something worth mentioning fairly on in the relationship as it can be a huge dealbreaker and you don’t want to waste your or her time.
Original post by Anonymous

I mean you said probably not definitely so I’d say its worth checking with the doctor to see if you actually are infertile or not. If you are, well plenty of women would be willing to adopt. You could also try IVF and see what happens. There are ways of having kids, and you never know. It may end up working out for you. Good luck with whatever happens, i hope you get to have your kids one day 🥰
Have you considered becoming a stepfather instead?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending