The Student Room Group

mechanical engineering prep?

i start mechanical engineering at sheffield on sunday and ngl ive done zero preparation. i have been made aware that the course is very tough, i was wondering if anyone whos done first year could give me an idea of what i should expect in terms of difficulty and also if theres anything in particular i should look over before i start the course. doesn’t help that i’ve not done any schoolwork at all since october 2020 😂
Reply 1
Very hard
Be organised
Look over calculus, mechanics, circuits, ideal gases etc.
Would be hard for you to a **** load of questions in a week so maybe review summary notes from one of the revision guides
Work from day one of the course.
How did you find your A levels? First year is not a big step up and will cover a lot of familiar ground.
Reply 3
Original post by Student-95
How did you find your A levels? First year is not a big step up and will cover a lot of familiar ground.

they were fine yeah, its more to do w the fact that ive not touched any of the subjects since i did my a levels in october last year
Original post by charlie300
they were fine yeah, its more to do w the fact that ive not touched any of the subjects since i did my a levels in october last year

Should be fine then - the relevant parts will come back up.

Quick Reply

Latest