The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Need help with progression to my last year (KCL)

Okay, so after a pretty tough year, like the rest of the world, I need to defer some modules but I also failed one module from the first semester. One of these modules is worth 30 credits and is deferred for next year based on mitigating circumstances. This was the universities choice not mine and is important to mention as you will see in a bit.

So, All the modules I sat for the year have been passed aside from one. This leaves me with 205 credits with one of my 2 condoned fails used and 30 credits being deferred to next year. Now, the way I see this is I should be able to advance to third year complete the 30 credit module, and finish my degree. However the university is telling me that I need to resit the entire year for that one unit which I think is absurd and will push back a lot of the plans I have for my future (I want to get my PGCE and be out of England within the next two years).

Do I have any standings with filing an appeal and getting to complete my deferred module with my last year. If the college allowed me to sit the module with the rest of the deferred classes I am certain I would have progressed onto year three. Has anyone appealed this before? What should I use for evidence? I've got a meeting with my personal tutor soon but I fear not soon enough and this is really stressing me.

Thanks in advance for any help
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Charlie101998
Okay, so after a pretty tough year, like the rest of the world, I need to defer some modules but I also failed one module from the first semester. One of these modules is worth 30 credits and is deferred for next year based on mitigating circumstances. This was the universities choice not mine and is important to mention as you will see in a bit.

So, All the modules I sat for the year have been passed aside from one. This leaves me with 205 credits with one of my 2 condoned fails used and 30 credits being deferred to next year. Now, the way I see this is I should be able to advance to third year complete the 30 credit module, and finish my degree. However the university is telling me that I need to resit the entire year for that one unit which I think is absurd and will push back a lot of the plans I have for my future (I want to get my PGCE and be out of England within the next two years).

Do I have any standings with filing an appeal and getting to complete my deferred module with my last year. If the college allowed me to sit the module with the rest of the deferred classes I am certain I would have progressed onto year three. Has anyone appealed this before? What should I use for evidence? I've got a meeting with my personal tutor soon but I fear not soon enough and this is really stressing me.

Speak to the SU I guess.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Kclsu is useless speaking from experience, nice ppl but they work on so many cases they can't devote and help you like you need. I'd recommend a lawyer but they're 1k+
Reply 3
Original post by Charlie101998

Hey,
Sorry to hear about that
Can you tell me what happened in the end?
Reply 4
Hi,I'm sorry to hear about thatCan you tell me what happened in the end?
Hi, any update?
Hi, could you kindly update me on what happened for you in the end?
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest