The Student Room Group

when a man finds you attractive why are they still not serious about you? men please

answer. I have realsied this to be the case online. I have constantly doubted myself and wondered why im not good enough. Some men are looking for hookups and they tell me they find me attractive. If you found someone attractive and like their vibe why would you let that go just for some se*?. Before anyone says looks are not everything, I know but wihtout sounding big headed I do think I am a fun person with a good personality espeically compared to a lot of boring girls nowadays. Some tell me they don want to waste my time as I want something serious and they dont which is fine (Still confusing though as to why you wouldnt want to get to know me for me but whatever). But the ones that bother me the most is when they compliment me and make it obvious they find me attractive but don't pursue me further on a serious level.

Some compliment me, snap me and just leave , they dont bother for a real conversation? I dont understand. Is it because they do find me attractive but not attractive enough for to persue (because surely if they really did they would if they wanted to)?

Before anyone says theyre not serious - I know but what does that mean, why are they not serious? any guys here who are like this please let me know why would you s a guy not be serious, what are the possible reasons esp when you find them attractive? could it be what i said ie they find you attractive but not attractive enough to pursue?
Reply 1
It could be because a large proportion of females dress or act in a certain way to attract and invoke desires of men, however in terms of a long term relationship or more specifically marriage do not see them as suitable or appropriate. One very important thing to remember is there are tens of million if not hundreds of millions of good looking females around the world, however sexual desires/ having fun temporarily (exclusively) should not and is not the reason men may look for in a long term relationship/ marriage.
Some people are more interested in meaningless pleasure than they are in really connecting with someone. Committing to a person and connecting with them more profoundly makes you vulnerable to that person - they can more easily emotionally hurt you. These people you've encountered are not prepared to take that risk.

It's also possible they're more interested in having their egos and sexualities gratified by the idea that you find them attractive, than they are in actually having a relationship. Not everyone on dating sites are there because they have any interest in going on dates.
Being attractive is only half the battle.

He needs to actually want to commit to being exclusive with someone and be prepared to put in the effort to maintain a relationship. A number of young men don't want to feel tied down.
(edited 2 years ago)
There are lots of attractive woman. If you want special treatment you have to be special.
Original post by Anonymous
answer. I have realsied this to be the case online. I have constantly doubted myself and wondered why im not good enough. Some men are looking for hookups and they tell me they find me attractive. If you found someone attractive and like their vibe why would you let that go just for some se*?. Before anyone says looks are not everything, I know but wihtout sounding big headed I do think I am a fun person with a good personality espeically compared to a lot of boring girls nowadays. Some tell me they don want to waste my time as I want something serious and they dont which is fine (Still confusing though as to why you wouldnt want to get to know me for me but whatever). But the ones that bother me the most is when they compliment me and make it obvious they find me attractive but don't pursue me further on a serious level.

Some compliment me, snap me and just leave , they dont bother for a real conversation? I dont understand. Is it because they do find me attractive but not attractive enough for to persue (because surely if they really did they would if they wanted to)?

Before anyone says theyre not serious - I know but what does that mean, why are they not serious? any guys here who are like this please let me know why would you s a guy not be serious, what are the possible reasons esp when you find them attractive? could it be what i said ie they find you attractive but not attractive enough to pursue?

More or less my case as well as I crave both love and sex yet no one seems to want to be with me finding the right one for you is like looking for a needle in a haystack. Let's just hope we both get out of that situation. How old are you, by the way? You sound like a fun person to chat with. Can you send me a private message?
Reply 6
between the ages of 21-25
Reply 7
all i can say is this alot of the actual good guys are either taken or cant be asked with relationships and society overall both males and females have ****ed it up

Most women who arent over weight are attractive to guys. You really need to have a connection for a guy to commit. Also the environement is important. If you meet in a nigh club u cant expect them to take you serious.

I'm 25 turning on 26, and I'm quite willing to commit.
Original post by mxt77
all i can say is this alot of the actual good guys are either taken or cant be asked with relationships and society overall both males and females have ****ed it up

Sadly, this is the case with me.
Original post by YK33333
It could be because a large proportion of females dress or act in a certain way to attract and invoke desires of men, however in terms of a long term relationship or more specifically marriage do not see them as suitable or appropriate. One very important thing to remember is there are tens of million if not hundreds of millions of good looking females around the world, however sexual desires/ having fun temporarily (exclusively) should not and is not the reason men may look for in a long term relationship/ marriage.

yes I do understand this. I dont dress too provocatively. In fact sometimes I just post my face and above and still get the surface level attention. These men have said themselves theyre looking for something serious and long term and they find me attractie. They jsut dont put the effort in to know me. Is it because they are not super attracted to me? thats the only thing i can think of

Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Some people are more interested in meaningless pleasure than they are in really connecting with someone. Committing to a person and connecting with them more profoundly makes you vulnerable to that person - they can more easily emotionally hurt you. These people you've encountered are not prepared to take that risk.

It's also possible they're more interested in having their egos and sexualities gratified by the idea that you find them attractive, than they are in actually having a relationship. Not everyone on dating sites are there because they have any interest in going on dates.

I really hope thats its the first part because the only reason i think of is that im ugly or not attractive enough for them. And the ones on dating sites said to me theyre serious as I do ask that question but they couldve just lied. Worst part is when we seem to have a genuine connection but they stop just as were about to build on it after a few convos. Doest make sense to me. As a girl i try to put myself in their shoes and I wouldnt go out my way to let someone know that theyre attractive because for me to say that to someone means I really really find them attractive and would want to know more about them. Just dont understand why go out your way to tell smoeone you see them and what not to not pursue it
Original post by SlaveofAll
More or less my case as well as I crave both love and sex yet no one seems to want to be with me finding the right one for you is like looking for a needle in a haystack. Let's just hope we both get out of that situation. How old are you, by the way? You sound like a fun person to chat with. Can you send me a private message?

as a male if you go out your way to tell a female shes attractive, what would stop you from pursuing her on a serious level? As a girl if i called a guy attractive that would mean i find really attractive to the point of fancying them and would want to know them more but the guys i get tell me they find me attractive and dont pursue me, why is this the case?
yes I do understand this. I dont dress too provocatively. In fact sometimes I just post my face and above and still get the surface level attention. These men have said themselves theyre looking for something serious and long term and they find me attractie. They jsut dont put the effort in to know me. Is it because they are not super attracted to me? thats the only thing i can think of

I really hope thats its the first part because the only reason i think of is that im ugly or not attractive enough for them. And the ones on dating sites said to me theyre serious as I do ask that question but they couldve just lied. Worst part is when we seem to have a genuine connection but they stop just as were about to build on it after a few convos. Doest make sense to me. As a girl i try to put myself in their shoes and I wouldnt go out my way to let someone know that theyre attractive because for me to say that to someone means I really really find them attractive and would want to know more about them. Just dont understand why go out your way to tell smoeone you see them and what not to not pursue it

I honestly think you are a genuine and fun woman to chat with. I hope you consider giving me a follow and sending me a private message if you want someone that lends an ear.
as a male if you go out your way to tell a female shes attractive, what would stop you from pursuing her on a serious level? As a girl if i called a guy attractive that would mean i find really attractive to the point of fancying them and would want to know them more but the guys i get tell me they find me attractive and dont pursue me, why is this the case?

Fear of rejection from the woman
Original post by Smokestar
Most women who arent over weight are attractive to guys. You really need to have a connection for a guy to commit. Also the environement is important. If you meet in a nigh club u cant expect them to take you serious.

yeah I was thinking about the connection part but thats the part they never even try. We have the initial visual connection but they dont build on it. And most of the time we meet online
Original post by SlaveofAll
Do you by any chance have any account on social meno

no offence but guys on here are not usually my type lol
no offence but guys on here are not usually my type lol

OK, what kind of guys do you look for? You may tell via a private message.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending