The Student Room Group

There is someone in my house, help please

There is someone in my house and I'm so scared. I don't know what todo. They opened the room I was in, and left, I said hello but no response. I didn't get to see their face, or know what gender they are. They wore white / cream clothing. I don't know who this is, and I'm not even trolling. I'm so scared for my life. Part of me, tells me to forget it and carry on with doing what I was doing. Another tells me that I should go and find them and see who they are. I'm not expecting any visitors, as my family are all out for work and I'm alone. The house is so quiet, and even more quiet as I'm scared to make any noise. I haven't even heard them make a noise either. OMG I feel so sick. I didn't even hear the big front door slam like it normally does, so I'm wondering.
I feel so terrible, I feel like crying and being sick. The only thing I have to "protect myself" is a vase for plants, to smack their head, but even saying or doing this doesn't sound realistic. I'm honestly so sick, I feel like I'm going to vomit completely. Please help. I'm debating whether to call 999, and run out of the house completely.

Scroll to see replies

Are you sure they’ve left the house? Make sure this happens before proceeding.

However, if they’re still there, use this: https://www.relayuk.bt.com/how-to-use-relay-uk/contact-999-using-relay-uk.html to text 999.
Reply 2
call 999
Reply 3
I'm not even going insane !! I literally saw them in my own two eyes. I just checked around the house apart from the attic and nobody is here. They must've left but still, I haven't heard the big front down slam. Omg what is this??!! It's so crazy. I'm completely sick to my stomach
Angel of death
call 999 immediately
Reply 6
Original post by RazzzBerries
Are you sure they’ve left the house? Make sure this happens before proceeding.

However, if they’re still there, use this: https://www.relayuk.bt.com/how-to-use-relay-uk/contact-999-using-relay-uk.html to text 999.

Yes, I'm sure my family left the house. They've been gone since morning (8am) and I've been the only person indoors. I'm so scared, I don't know if they're even here as I've checked around apart from one room. My only guess would be that a worker is here to do some finishing touches on the that one room that needs to be done, but I'm certain a relative would tell me so I know who's here. I'm debating whether I should check that room to be sure?!
Reply 7
The house phone has just rung from a number I don't recognise. I didn't get to take a photo of it. And I'm literally crying my eyes out.
Reply 8
Original post by summerbirdreads
call 999 immediately

thank you I'm going to get in touch
Lock yourself in the bathroom first, please. Dont be standing around the house
Original post by Anonymous
Lock yourself in the bathroom first, please. Dont be standing around the house

I feel like just leaving the house I'm so scared to just be here
I'm going to message my relatives if they were expecting anyone to be in the house. Cause the only people I would think to mind who would have the house keys are the builders
thank you I'm going to get in touch

hope you're okay! if you're not sure whether they're still there or not, lock your door (if possible) and text the police via the link someone posted above. Keep the vase nearby just in case.

If you're sure they have left, I would still carry the vase/something to protect yourself with, grab your phone and a housekey and get out of the house- maybe try knocking on one of your neighbours doors and see if they're in? Then you can ring your family & 999 once you're in somewhere you feel more comfortable.
Dont panic about the phone ringing- it could have been something completely unrelated, like a call centre ringing you up. Hopefully you're just shaken up and its nothing more, id still advise to get out the house and meet with someone you trust as it'll make you feel better
I'm going to message my relatives if they were expecting anyone to be in the house. Cause the only people I would think to mind who would have the house keys are the builders

if they were wearing white I guess it could have been a builder/ decorator? My old decorator used to wear white overalls im pretty sure
Original post by tipexmaster25
hope you're okay! if you're not sure whether they're still there or not, lock your door (if possible) and text the police via the link someone posted above. Keep the vase nearby just in case.

If you're sure they have left, I would still carry the vase/something to protect yourself with, grab your phone and a housekey and get out of the house- maybe try knocking on one of your neighbours doors and see if they're in? Then you can ring your family & 999 once you're in somewhere you feel more comfortable.
Dont panic about the phone ringing- it could have been something completely unrelated, like a call centre ringing you up. Hopefully you're just shaken up and its nothing more, id still advise to get out the house and meet with someone you trust as it'll make you feel better

Thanks. But I feel so sick. I have registered my number with the site and I'm so anxious about texting 999.... :/ but I think I'm just going todo it.
Also, the vase is here but I feel like if I'm gonna defend myself I need something stronger but I don't know what. :/ I was thinking of a kitchen utensil but that's probably extreme. My personal belongings are upstairs and I'm downstairs so I'm kind on edge.. even though I checked
everywhere > (apart from one room) I haven't seen them. I've be advised that a relative comes over to look with me, but I'm awaiting for a response. I'm so anxious and sick.

I just want to get out of the house completely. I don't think I can stay here anymore by myself. I feel really sick and bad inside.
if they were wearing white I guess it could have been a builder/ decorator? My old decorator used to wear white overalls im pretty sure

But why are they coming up announced. I mentioned this to my family relative who said we shouldn't be expecting anyone, other than the cleaner, but she comes on Thursday only. Today is Wednesday and I'm scared completely, I feel so sick. If it was the builder I would've expected a response after I said "Hello". I didn't even get to see the face or anything just the clothes. I'm petrified.

I just want to get out of the house completely. I don't think I can stay here anymore by myself. I feel really sick and bad inside.

Why don't you just leave instead of typing updates to a bunch of strangers??
Leave the house and go and knock on a neighbour's door. You can find out who he is/isn't later on when you know you are safe.
There is someone in my house and I'm so scared. I don't know what todo. They opened the room I was in, and left, I said hello but no response. I didn't get to see their face, or know what gender they are. They wore white / cream clothing. I don't know who this is, and I'm not even trolling. I'm so scared for my life. Part of me, tells me to forget it and carry on with doing what I was doing. Another tells me that I should go and find them and see who they are. I'm not expecting any visitors, as my family are all out for work and I'm alone. The house is so quiet, and even more quiet as I'm scared to make any noise. I haven't even heard them make a noise either. OMG I feel so sick. I didn't even hear the big front door slam like it normally does, so I'm wondering.
I feel so terrible, I feel like crying and being sick. The only thing I have to "protect myself" is a vase for plants, to smack their head, but even saying or doing this doesn't sound realistic. I'm honestly so sick, I feel like I'm going to vomit completely. Please help. I'm debating whether to call 999, and run out of the house completely.

Call ur parents if they don't pick up, call another family member/friend, tell them what happened and see if they can come over, if not maybe try sitting in ur garden till ur parents get back?
Don't panic is the main thing, ik it's a scary situation but plenty of people here have told u what u can do, take the advice and contact someone who knows where u live
:console:
Please make sure you report it to the police even if they’ve gone now - it might just not have been your house and the person must’ve thought house was empty (of people).
I’d suggest getting CCTV/or something like a Ring doorbell plus also changing your locks.
(edited 2 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending