The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Official De Montfort University 2022 Applicant Thread!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mjhmichael18
I already have booked my accommodation now at Newarke Point. I am in Newarke Point, Block E, Floor 4, Flat E401, Room e for your information if you need to know.

Oh that’s fine, great! Well I guess it’s sorted then, good luck:smile:
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
hello, can you add me by any chance to the discord chat?, much appreciated
Original post by Finnontoast
Hi, has anyone thought about starting a student discord group for the 2022 applicants? It would be cool to get to know everyone. I could create one, lmk if u are interested
Hi, has anyone thought about starting a student discord group for the 2022 applicants? It would be cool to get to know everyone. I could create one, lmk if u are interested

Hey! I’ve applied to DMU and want to find people on my course. i applied for a degree in electrical and electronic engineering. Would it be possible for you to DM me the discord invite link? thanks :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi, im going to dmu in September and I've applied for fine arts course. Im autistic and dmu has been a big help. Im a little older then some as I re-did A levels as I changed subject.
nice i'm doing Game art, it will be great to meet everyone! dm me if you want the link, there's literally no-one on it yet but hopefully more people will join :smile:

Ive applied for fine art, could you send me the link??
I applied for the MSc physician associate for september 2022 start, I have had my interview in march but unfortunately i am still waiting for a decision, the wait is killing me I keep ringing the admissions team with no decision. i am now starting to give up on DMU because i doubt i will get a place or maybe no one cares. its really unfair to make someone go through this emotional torture, atleast tell me im unsuccessful then i know where i stand.
Original post by Joe_SB
I will be study education in September, really looking forward to starting. Anyone recommend a reading list so I can start thinking about buying books etc.Is anyone also starting the course in September too?

Is it Education Practice? I applied yesterday and hope to get accepted. But if so, I would also start in September.

Have you by now started preparing for the course?
Hello De Montfort University applicants!

Just wanted to check in and see how you’re feeling about results day coming up? Hope you’re all doing ok - do you have any questions at all that the community could help you with?

I also wanted to point you in the direction of some of TSR’s resources that you might find helpful over the next few weeks.

If you have any questions about Ucas and results day you can ask our trained Clearing and Application Advisors here.

If you find you need it, or just want to get prepared for all eventualities, you can find clearing information and support here.

Remember your official rep @De Montfort University is here to help you along the way as well.

Good luck!

Spoiler

Original post by De Montfort University
Hi,

I am a Discord admin for the BA Animation course. I am more than happy to send you the link to the server if you would like. But as mentioned, you will need to have a TSR account for DMs.

- Jesse, 3rd Year Animation Student

Hiya,

Would you be able to send me the link to the BA Animation Discord server also? I’m joining the course this year and I haven’t found any way to connect with other students yet :smile:
Original post by Sylverquik
Hiya,

Would you be able to send me the link to the BA Animation Discord server also? I’m joining the course this year and I haven’t found any way to connect with other students yet :smile:

Hi @Sylverquik,

Congratulations in getting a place at DMU! 🎉 Sure thing, I'll send it over to you via DM.

- Jesse
hai o/,, i havent received any correspondence from dmu and my ucas isnt updating? was just wondering when ill hear about whether i got in or not, i passed my course and was given a reduced offer so i should have enough points but am worried, thanks !!
Original post by okaypril
hai o/,, i havent received any correspondence from dmu and my ucas isnt updating? was just wondering when ill hear about whether i got in or not, i passed my course and was given a reduced offer so i should have enough points but am worried, thanks !!

Hi @okaypril,

Please can you confirm if you have receive an offer letter from our Admissions Team?

- Jesse
hi again!! i sorted all previous issues and have been accepted onto fashion communication and styling !! are there any discord servers i would br able to join for the university ? thanks ^-^
Does anyone know when the first SFE payment is this year?
Original post by okaypril
hi again!! i sorted all previous issues and have been accepted onto fashion communication and styling !! are there any discord servers i would br able to join for the university ? thanks ^-^

Hi @okaypril,

Congratulations! There is a De Montfort University Discord Hub that you can join once you have your Student ID and Email sent to you. There are no Fashion and Communication and Styling Discord at the moment, but you can create it yourself if you'd like! Some of our Student Groups are also in the hub for you to join.

- Jesse, DMU Graduate
Original post by Anonymous
Does anyone know when the first SFE payment is this year?

Hi Anon,

To give a little time frame, I received my Maintenance Loan on the first week of October when I started my studies. You can find the exact date of your first SFE payment on your SFE online portal.

- Jesse
Hi, I can’t add my verbal offer to clearing. It’s saying speech and language therapy isn’t a clearing choice, any ideas how to help?
Hi, I can’t add my verbal offer to clearing. It’s saying speech and language therapy isn’t a clearing choice, any ideas how to help?

Hi Anon,

To add DMU as your clearing choice, you will have to self-release yourself from your Firm and Insurance choices via UCAS and by calling them directly. After doing so you can then add DMU as your Clearing Option on UCAS. We do advise you to also send your college certificates to our Admissions Team via email: [email protected] so that we can verify your results.

- Jesse
Hi, I’ve done all of that, but when I go to add the course onto my clearing it says ‘no matches available’
Hi, I’ve done all of that, but when I go to add the course onto my clearing it says ‘no matches available’

Hi Anon,

That's very strange 🤔, we advise contacting UCAS: 0371 468 0468 to see if they can find out why. Alternatively, feel free to give us a call on our Clearing Line: 0116 257 7000 so that we can look into this for you.

- Jesse

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending