Cleothecarrot
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,

I'm currently doing an EPQ on eating disorders and am particularly interested in anorexia/atypical anorexia. I was wondering if anyone has any advice on conducting my own research. I understand that it is a very sensitive topic so I'm not sure whether it would be possible to interview actual sufferers

Thanks
cabava
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Cleothecarrot)
Hi,

I'm currently doing an EPQ on eating disorders and am particularly interested in anorexia/atypical anorexia. I was wondering if anyone has any advice on conducting my own research. I understand that it is a very sensitive topic so I'm not sure whether it would be possible to interview actual sufferers

Thanks
Hi there! I´m currently in recovery from atypical anorexia (almost fully recovered). If you would like to ask me any questions I would gladly help!!
fridacatlo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I think it probably depends on how far into recovery they are. Someone in the grips of their ed, probably not but if they're in a good place in recovery and agree to it, then I think it's fine. Think about the questions you're going to ask very carefully- if you don't have any personal experience with anorexia, you're welcome to check any questions over with me. Equally, you're welcome to ask me some questions.
Basically, just be considerate and appreciate they may not be able to talk about everything, and even well into recovery certain topics can be sensitive and triggering
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (267)
57.54%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (63)
13.58%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (48)
10.34%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (41)
8.84%
I haven't started researching yet (25)
5.39%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
4.31%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise