Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I gave up to a non Russell group university because my dad doesn’t want me to compete with the students in the Russell group universities since I moved here last year so I’m new to the system or maybe he just doesn’t want to pay more in a RGU. I got AAB in my foundational year for business.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Questions;
What do you plan to study at University?
What job do you want after University?
If you are not paying then I'm afraid unless you've got savings, scholarship or somehow get Student Finance England to fund the tuition costs then Yes you'll have to listen to your dad.
Can he fund 1 year then you find the rest by working part time, it will be hard to juggle but I know many work and attend Unui?
Have you considered degree level apprenticeships, some are in collaboration with top Universities?
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Always trust your gut instinct and listen to what your common sense is telling you.

It is your future, your undergrad and your ambitions- the uni where you choose to apply has to be your choice.
Unless your father is going to be paying your tuition fees and living expenses, it is also likely to be your taxpayer funded student debt that you will start making repayments towards as soon as you earn above the minimum income level.
Good luck!
Atlas-975
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What was the non-russel group uni though, being in the russel group doesn’t automatically make it better than the rest. Liverpool, Cardiff and Queen Mary for instance are outranked by quite a few universities.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
Questions;
What do you plan to study at University?
What job do you want after University?
If you are not paying then I'm afraid unless you've got savings, scholarship or somehow get Student Finance England to fund the tuition costs then Yes you'll have to listen to your dad.
Can he fund 1 year then you find the rest by working part time, it will be hard to juggle but I know many work and attend Unui?
Have you considered degree level apprenticeships, some are in collaboration with top Universities?
I will study business management and I want work as a business analyst or business consultant. I can’t fund the tuition fees all by myself as an international student they are quite high. I will look for an apprenticeship degrees thank you.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Atlas-975)
What was the non-russel group uni though, being in the russel group doesn’t automatically make it better than the rest. Liverpool, Cardiff and Queen Mary for instance are outranked by quite a few universities.
it’s uclan
DecoyFerret
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I will study business management and I want work as a business analyst or business consultant. I can’t fund the tuition fees all by myself as an international student they are quite high. I will look for an apprenticeship degrees thank you.
You don't really need a degree for job like this, most of these are call center style jobs where you sell Tableau/Dashboard style products over the phone. Business degrees are quite low value type of endeavor, especially with trashy school like the RGU. Long term you would be better off by forcing your way in a semi relevant apprenticeship.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
With the grades you got (depends what you studied in college) you could easily get onto another course what about something more worthwhile long term. Do other courses like Computer Science or anything else not interest you?

If you are planning to go back to your home country:
I'm unsure where you are from originally from but do you expect to return back to your home country for job purposes, if so is the BM degree valued over there for jobs without experience in the real world?

If you are planning to stay in the UK and work then:
I'd avoid University to study "Business Management" unless your condition as an international student is to study a degree? What will happen it will be a 3/4 year course. If it's a 4 year course then you will likely do a placement year (where you apply for a few undergrad jobs in your 2nd year) which is highly recommend you do. Once you graduate you will apply for graduate schemes but they are competitive.

Alternative:
Degree Level Apprenticeships or an Apprenticeships that are structured for 2 years at most.
I would highly recommend you look into apprenticeships at tech companies or digital companies. If you are residing in the North West then there are so many good Head Offices/Offices based in Manchester.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (19)
7.54%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
15.08%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (45)
17.86%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (36)
14.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (67)
26.59%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
18.65%

Watched Threads