Economics and Accounting apprenticeship.

Watch this thread
Aaron!!!!!
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Does anyone know when and how to apply for degree apprenticeship for economics and accounting after A level. I am studying A level. Thank you in advance. Any input will be greatly appreciated.
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 months ago
I don't think there is really an economics and accountancy degree apprenticeship. There are plenty of accountancy ones, and you could look at the civil service for economics related careers.

The schemes generally open around Sept/ Oct in your final year of A levels.
Last edited by ajj2000; 8 months ago
Aaron!!!!!
Rep:
(Original post by ajj2000)
I don't think there is really an economics and accountancy degree apprenticeship. There are plenty of accountancy ones, and you could look at the civil service for economics related careers.

The schemes generally open around Sept/ Oct in your final year of A levels.
Thank you so much for replying. I am interested either economics or accounting. Do I need to apply through UCAS or directly. Quite confused. I am in year 13, so looking for 2022. Thanks
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Aaron!!!!!)
Thank you so much for replying. I am interested either economics or accounting. Do I need to apply through UCAS or directly. Quite confused. I am in year 13, so looking for 2022. Thanks
Ok - I'm not an expert but know a little about this. Could you post on the apprenticeships board where people would have more knowledge?

You apply for apprenticeships directly with employers and not through UCAS. To have a look at the possibilities you could google:

- civil service apprenticeships economics
- civil service apprenticeships accountancy
- big accounting firms (google top 50 accounting firms UK - perhaps start with KPMG, EY, PWC, Deloitte, BDO and Grant Thornton) and see which have jobs in your area.

There is also a government website with lists of apprenticeships - I'm sure someone on the apprenticeships board can send the link. If not let me know and I'll try to find it. I'm sure there are loads which would interest you!
Aaron!!!!!
Rep:
(Original post by ajj2000)
Ok - I'm not an expert but know a little about this. Could you post on the apprenticeships board where people would have more knowledge?

You apply for apprenticeships directly with employers and not through UCAS. To have a look at the possibilities you could google:

- civil service apprenticeships economics
- civil service apprenticeships accountancy
- big accounting firms (google top 50 accounting firms UK - perhaps start with KPMG, EY, PWC, Deloitte, BDO and Grant Thornton) and see which have jobs in your area.

There is also a government website with lists of apprenticeships - I'm sure someone on the apprenticeships board can send the link. If not let me know and I'll try to find it. I'm sure there are loads which would interest you!
Thank you. I will try to ask on apprenticeship board.
Aaron!!!!!
Rep:
Thank you. This advice is really helpful.
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
Most degree apprenticeships are advertised for specific vacancies - ie. this is not 'a course', but an apprenticeship with a part-time degree attached : https://www.ucas.com/apprenticeships...pprenticeships Vacancies are therefore more likely to be advertised from Easter each year.

Here is one example of a larger scheme within central government - closed right now but keep an eye for when it reopens for the next intake :https://www.ratemyapprenticeship.co....tice-economist

There are of course lots of traditional Apprenticeships in Accounting with the big Accountancy firms : https://www.gov.uk/apply-apprenticeship
sj.21
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
There's an professional economist degree apprenticeship at Bank of England, don't have to apply through ucas
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (275)
42.05%
The paper was reasonable (270)
41.28%
Not feeling great about that exam... (60)
9.17%
It was TERRIBLE (49)
7.49%

Watched Threads