What's worse getting kicked out of college or quitting yourself?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
I've been threatened to be kicked out again from college for skipping a day yesterday they said if I carry on like this they'll just withdraw me I took yesterday and induction off. Induction because I know what the college is about I've been 3 years previously (long story short basically covid I've been there a bit longer) and yesterday I was too down I just took the day off. The staff member said I need to go in everyday or I'll get withdrawn. I was on my last warning last year for attendance because a lot of the time I went home early or didn't go at all. I just hate college, it's boring, I can't be ****ed so I'm thinking of just quitting myself.
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Yea I'd go with quit..
Anonymous #2
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've been threatened to be kicked out again from college for skipping a day yesterday they said if I carry on like this they'll just withdraw me I took yesterday and induction off. Induction because I know what the college is about I've been 3 years previously (long story short basically covid I've been there a bit longer) and yesterday I was too down I just took the day off. The staff member said I need to go in everyday or I'll get withdrawn. I was on my last warning last year for attendance because a lot of the time I went home early or didn't go at all. I just hate college, it's boring, I can't be ****ed so I'm thinking of just quitting myself.
Yeah just quit and don’t waste a space. You clearly can’t be bothered to attend and do the work.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by StriderHort)
Yea I'd go with quit..
Yeah just quit and don’t waste a space. You clearly can’t be bothered to attend and do the work.
Alright
2500_2
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
This is not some kind of weird game of who moves first. What matters is what you're going to do next.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 2500_2)
This is not some kind of weird game of who moves first. What matters is what you're going to do next.
I just don’t if it's worth carrying on if I'm going to get kicked out and I hate it anyway
glassalice
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I just don’t if it's worth carrying on if I'm going to get kicked out and I hate it anyway
Why don’t you like the college course?
How do you feel about the other students?
rosy_posy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
It would look better to employers if you quit rather than got kicked out because being suspended doesn't reflect on you very positively
Anonymous #1
(Original post by glassalice)
Why don’t you like the college course?
How do you feel about the other students?
It's just not the right course
The other students make fun of me

(Original post by rosy_posy)
It would look better to employers if you quit rather than got kicked out because being suspended doesn't reflect on you very positively
I'll quit then maybe
Anonymous #3
Report 5 days ago
Dont quit. At least if they kick you out, you can use that as an excuse to parents
0ptics
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
This should be a hypothetical question. It’s not something that you should actually consider…
Anonymous #1
Dont quit. At least if they kick you out, you can use that as an excuse to parents
I'll just tell them I've quit and they can't get too angry
Anonymous #4
Report 5 days ago
I'll just tell them I've quit and they can't get too angry
What are your plans for you education? Why can't you just wait it out to get decent grades at the end?
Anonymous #1
What are your plans for you education? Why can't you just wait it out to get decent grades at the end?
It's not an educational course it's an internship I could get a job through it but it's not I job I'd do
rosy_posy
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
It's not an educational course it's an internship I could get a job through it but it's not I job I'd do
It could be possible for you to switch to another college course/internship, which would be better than quitting or being kicked out.
Anonymous #1
It could be possible for you to switch to another college course/internship, which would be better than quitting or being kicked out.
No I got declined from another course.
rosy_posy
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
No I got declined from another course.
Transfer college then? You can't just give up with education or training completely bc if you did you may not get a decent job.
Anonymous #1
Transfer college then? You can't just give up with education or training completely bc if you did you may not get a decent job.
I'm thinking of doing a taxi training course to teach me to be a cab driver and you basically are self employed you just buy a rent a taxi and take people to places
rosy_posy
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I'm thinking of doing a taxi training course to teach me to be a cab driver and you basically are self employed you just buy a rent a taxi and take people to places
If that's what you want to do then go ahead, at least try it out first to see if it's something you definitely want to do.
Anonymous #1
If that's what you want to do then go ahead, at least try it out first to see if it's something you definitely want to do.
I could quit college for it? I passed my driving test as well. Also I could do an uber Driver. This guy met a load of united players
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.39%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.48%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.48%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (24)
13.64%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (48)
27.27%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.75%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise