What's the best course for game design, if I don't want to limit myself

Watch
Ciaran_Bud
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am starting uni next year, and I am having a hard time picking the right course to do. I love art
anon9-8
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I know of some uni's that have specific courses in relation to game designing

Though there is a university I would not recommend For any courses called LMA in Liverpool I've had nothing but issues with them from the get go. even up to the point of me leaving they'd been leaving both the london and liverpool students in the dark about everything and leaving changes to the last minuet.
Escape Studios Rep
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi there!

I'd like to take this opportunity to recommend BA (Hons.) The Art of Video Games at Escape Studios. I think it'd be a really good fit for someone who doesn't want to limit themselves, because in the first year, you get to try ALL of the disciplines that are taught here: Game Art, Animation, 2D VFX and 3D VFX. You won't be restricted to working on games for that year, and after trying everything out, you'll have a really good idea of what each course entails before choosing what you want to go forward with. If you know that you want to go into the entertainment industry as a creative (but don't want to stick to working on videogames just yet) it seems like a good fit.

Regardless of what you choose, you'd be working with really experienced tutors who have worked at some of the most well-known studios out there. We even have a partnership with Epic Games! You'll also get lots of opportunities to meet with recruiters for studios and show off your work to industry guests. If Escape interests you, you could watch some showreels of student work or even book a place on an open day!

Let me know if you have any questions. I'd like to wish you the best of luck in your future career!

Rohnak
Escape Studios Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (215)
56.28%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (50)
13.09%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (44)
11.52%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (33)
8.64%
I haven't started researching yet (23)
6.02%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (17)
4.45%

Watched Threads