The Student Room Group

architecture personal statement

any tips on creating a good personal statement for architecture/architectural engineering/urban planning?
Hi,

I do Industrial Design, but I do enjoy architecture and have some friends who took it at Uni. Without making the PS more mine than yours, think about why you like architecture, explore the way people interact with buildings and why it's important to get that right. Talk about what styles you like most (eg. Brutalist, Gothic Revival) and give examples of these styles that you've seen around you (it might be good to include photos of this in a portfolio too!).

In short, just say why architecture is important to you, and what you think you can bring to the table, both for the university and the discipline.

Best of Luck, I hope you get the offers you're hoping for. :smile:
Original post by kubakuba
any tips on creating a good personal statement for architecture/architectural engineering/urban planning?

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/personal-statements/writing-a-personal-statement-for-art-and-design-courses
Original post by Will_Armo
... think about why you like architecture, explore the way people interact with buildings and why it's important to get that right. Talk about what styles you like most (eg. Brutalist, Gothic Revival) and give examples of these styles that you've seen around you

I'd talk about actual personal experiences, ie give examples of two buildings that you have visited that have made an impression on you and why.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending