The Student Room Group

Wearing masks has helped me with this issue I had

There’s only one personal benefit to having to wear a mask all day as a nhs worker for me.

All during my placements as a student I was told that I looked too anxious in my expression and needed to look more assertive. I was marked down on it as I once went into a patients room and the first thing they said was I look nervous. I didn’t even feel that anxious but my educators still wanted me to ‘look more confident’

Since wearing masks no one has said anything about me looking scared. I feel I can relax more instead of worrying about my facial expressions.

Sounds like an obvious question but do you think it really is the mask that’s helped me in this aspect or just quincidence?
I think the mask could of helped, lots of people have found masks as a way to feel more confident and comfortable. And it can be hard to then continue with normal life without masks! It could also be a coincidence, I guess you won’t know until you continue without a mask. But either way there may be other ways to help you relax without needing a mask
Hope that helps :smile:

- student blog @realliferebs.blog
https://realliferebs.wordpress.com/2021/09/14/5-essentials-you-need-for-university/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending