The Student Room Group

When to ask him what we are?

So this guy I'm seeing told me that he liked me in March 2020. We gradually grew our relationship over the first lockdown and were reunited in September 2020. It took us until June 2021 for us to get physical (kissing, cuddling, oral sex).

We both went home from uni for the summer and talked every day. I had every intention of asking him to be my boyfriend when we returned. Now we are back at uni, things seem strained, almost awkward and I have never experienced that with him before.

I know I can trust him and I like this boy a lot. I don't know what our relationship status is and I am afraid to ask in case it pushes him away. I want to make this official so I can show him how much he means to me but I don't know how or when is the right time. Any advise is welcome x
You can tell him how much he means to you without putting a label on it. If things are awkward, strained at the moment putting too much pressure on it might strain things further
Ask him to be your boyfriend.

If after a year and a half he is still not ready to be exclusive then he is never going to be ready to take that step with you. It's better to know and have a clear answer than continue something he may not be serious about.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending