The Student Room Group

Urgent help needed!!

Hello guys, I have recently been accepted by University of Dundee for MSc Data science and Engineering program. I haven't been able to find much reviews about it online which is why I am a bit skeptical. I have a non computing background and the course module seems very technical. Can someone who has studied or is studying data science at Dundee please help a brother out.

I have also been accepted by University of stirling (Data science for business) which is less technical and Aston University (Business Analytics) I have heard their business school is pretty good. Also applied to university of Aberdeen for the data science so should I wait for their reply?

Any help would do. Thank you!
Original post by ammarsh
Hello guys, I have recently been accepted by University of Dundee for MSc Data science and Engineering program. I haven't been able to find much reviews about it online which is why I am a bit skeptical. I have a non computing background and the course module seems very technical. Can someone who has studied or is studying data science at Dundee please help a brother out.

I have also been accepted by University of stirling (Data science for business) which is less technical and Aston University (Business Analytics) I have heard their business school is pretty good. Also applied to university of Aberdeen for the data science so should I wait for their reply?

Any help would do. Thank you!

Hi there,

Congratulations on your acceptance! These programs are all slightly different from each other so, before trying to choose, I would recommend first rating which of the programs you prefer independent of the Universities. You can find detailed program information on each course on the designated university pages. Here's the program information for the Business Analytics MSc at Aston University https://www.aston.ac.uk/study/courses/business-analytics-msc-january-2022.

Aston Business School is part of an elite group of business schools thanks to the triple accreditation from AACSB, EQUIS, and AMBA. The Business Analytics MSc course at Aston University is ranked 2nd in the UK and 8th in Western Europe (Eduniversal Best Masters Rankings 2021). The course is designed to enhance your employability prospects. You’ll develop your knowledge across different areas of business analytics and practical skills, from analytical software tools in the lab to being able to interpret data of meaningful information to business leaders. you will also be provided with a breadth of exposure to employers, such as an internship or a study abroad opportunity in your third term during the Business Project at the end. Not only does this bring your learning to life, it will really help you to secure a job once you complete the course. It also offers an opportunity to study for a second degree at one of Aston's international partner institutions once you have completed your year at Aston.

Hope this has helped

* Ethel
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply