Yeahyeah1804
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi
I’ve done AAT level 2 and 3 and thinking Is it worth going to uni to do an accounting and finance degree at one like LJMU, RGU, BCU or another uni around mid table so average. Or should I do an apprenticeship for level 4 and then acca I’m not sure thanks. Advice would be appreciated.
Bea1306
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It really matters what type of person you are. Are you willing to do university, including the university experience and another 2-4 years of education? Typically going to uni if anything would be your own self improvement on getting more educated. If your more practical and do not want an extra 3ish years of education, apprenticeships may be the best option as your learning and earning at the same time. Truly matters what you want to do. Uni may give you more options on the future, but if your set on something specific maybe an apprenticeship.
domesticengineer
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No harm in applying to both uni and apprenticeships - then depending on what you're offered decide later when you know for sure what would suit you. There's pros and cons to both so keep all options open! Do lots of research on both the companies offering apprenticeships and the universities you want to study - vist on uni open days, apply for work experience with the companies and then you'll get a feel of what you would like best
Yeahyeah1804
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by domesticengineer)
No harm in applying to both uni and apprenticeships - then depending on what you're offered decide later when you know for sure what would suit you. There's pros and cons to both so keep all options open! Do lots of research on both the companies offering apprenticeships and the universities you want to study - vist on uni open days, apply for work experience with the companies and then you'll get a feel of what you would like best
Ok cheers mate
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (192)
55.81%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (48)
13.95%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (38)
11.05%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (32)
9.3%
I haven't started researching yet (19)
5.52%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
4.36%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed