Yeahyeah1804
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi I want to become an accountant or work in finance. The unis I would be able to go to is LJMU,BCU,RGU and other mid tables maybe get into a better one in clearing but there average. Would getting a 2:1 and above accounting and finance degree from ones of these unis still let me become acca qualified and get a good job thanks. Advice would be appreciated
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What are your a level grades?
Aslihan23
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Yeahyeah1804)
Hi I want to become an accountant or work in finance. The unis I would be able to go to is LJMU,BCU,RGU and other mid tables maybe get into a better one in clearing but there average. Would getting a 2:1 and above accounting and finance degree from ones of these unis still let me become acca qualified and get a good job thanks. Advice would be appreciated
Hi,

From what I know about Accounting a degree is beneficial but not required. According to ACCA website you need 2 A Levels and 3 GCSE's in 5 separate subjects including English and Maths.

https://www.accaglobal.com/us/en/help/registration.html
Yeahyeah1804
Rep:
?
(Original post by ajj2000)
What are your a level grades?
Hi I haven’t done a levels and did AAT level 2,3 and 4 so I think I will go to university but acca have already replies and said I could study with them straight away so I don’t know
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Yeahyeah1804)
Hi I haven’t done a levels and did AAT level 2,3 and 4 so I think I will go to university but acca have already replies and said I could study with them straight away so I don’t know
Ah, cool - so you are exempt from the first three ACCA papers. How much work experience do you have? Are you particularly keen to go to university rather than work?
Yeahyeah1804
Rep:
?
(Original post by ajj2000)
Ah, cool - so you are exempt from the first three ACCA papers. How much work experience do you have? Are you particularly keen to go to university rather than work?
At the moment I don’t have much experience and I’m keen to go to university as I will become more qualified but I’m not sure if it’s financially smart.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (247)
57.31%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (57)
13.23%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (47)
10.9%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (37)
8.58%
I haven't started researching yet (24)
5.57%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
4.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed