Studentlife007
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I will be applying for Pharmacy 2022 entry and considering university of Bath, I have visited the university and I really liked the campus and facilities. I was wondering if anyone could mention their experience of the university?
Last edited by Smarties1102; 4 weeks ago
econhelp525
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes.
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Campus Tour film at the bottom of this page https://www.bath.ac.uk/campaigns/und...-campus-tours/
And Bath is a fantastic place to live!
University of Bath
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Studentlife007)
I will be applying for Pharmacy 2022 entry and considering university of Bath, I have visited the university and I really liked the campus and facilities. I was wondering if anyone could mention their experience of the university?
Hi there! Great to hear you are interested in applying to Bath

My name is Leah and I am a final year chemical engineering student at the University of Bath. While I do not know much about the pharmacy course at Bath, I am happy to give some insight into what it's like to be a student at Bath.

As you saw when you visited, Bath is a campus University. Unlike a city University, all of the University buildings are located on campus (with the exception of few accommodation buildings and a study space in the city centre). This makes for a campus ‘bubble’ as I would call it - it is a reasonably small Uni compared to some other unis. Everything you need is on campus, including shops and excellent sports facilities. There is such a lovely community feel on campus which I fell in love with when I went to visit and was one of the top reasons why I chose Bath. The campus is up at hill, about a 10/15 minute bus ride from the city centre.

The Student’s Union at Bath is also very good. There are so many societies, sports and volunteering opportunities to get involved with. I would highly recommend getting involved when you start as it’s a great way to meet new people - I personally joined the canoe club when I started uni, which has been a lot of fun and where I made a lot of my uni friends.

I am not a big city person, so Bath was a perfect size for me and I felt really at home when I went to visit. There is plenty going on – a busy high-street with lots of shops, pubs and bars, nightclubs and lots of cultural activities. As I am sure you are aware, Bath is very popular tourist attraction – it is very pretty and I love living there. Some people find that Bath can be quite small – particularly if you are used to living in a big city. You will find club nights nearly every night of the week, with 2 SU nights on campus a week. However, the clubs are fairly small. Many students will go to Bristol for a night out, where you can find much bigger clubs. Bristol is about 10/15 minutes away by train and is great to explore 😊

I hope this helps - do let me know if you have any questions about Bath!

Leah
Final Year Chemical Engineering
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (44)
12.98%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (93)
27.43%
I'm a bit unsure (60)
17.7%
I'm finding things difficult (112)
33.04%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (30)
8.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed