Chances for the Oxford BCL

Watch this thread
max_w2000
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
--
Last edited by max_w2000; 4 months ago
max_w2000
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
bump
wifd149
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
I’d say yes! From what I’ve seen from the profiles of the batches yours seem to match up. Might as well try if you’re up for it!
max_w2000
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by wifd149)
I’d say yes! From what I’ve seen from the profiles of the batches yours seem to match up. Might as well try if you’re up for it!
Thank you very much wifd149, are you also hoping to apply?
wifd149
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by max_w2000)
Thank you very much wifd149, are you also hoping to apply?
I will see, to be honest, no fixed plans at the moment. If I do get accepted into doing a Master's for 2023, then I intend to do a PhD there at least.
max_w2000
Rep:
I will see, to be honest, no fixed plans at the moment. If I do get accepted into doing a Master's for 2023, then I intend to do a PhD there at least.
Always a good idea to have no fixed plans, it seems as though we're both second year students so it's too early as we've not even yet applied. A PhD sounds great, would you want to do that at Oxford then as your first choice?
wifd149
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Always a good idea to have no fixed plans, it seems as though we're both second year students so it's too early as we've not even yet applied. A PhD sounds great, would you want to do that at Oxford then as your first choice?
I'm a third year student, and for PhD, yes; whereas, not really for Masters but it would be nice if I do get in like with any other person.
max_w2000
Rep:
I'm a third year student, and for PhD, yes; whereas, not really for Masters but it would be nice if I do get in like with any other person.
You said Master's for 2023 but you're graduating in 2022 so I must've got confused. Why is it that your first option for a Masters isn't Oxford?
wifd149
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
You said Master's for 2023 but you're graduating in 2022 so I must've got confused. Why is it that your first option for a Masters isn't Oxford?
I'm doing the bar first and I will see from there. More because I don't know how realistic my chances are, to put simply I am a struggling student and have had bad results
max_w2000
Rep:
I'm doing the bar first and I will see from there. More because I don't know how realistic my chances are, to put simply I am a struggling student and have had bad results
Well I wish you luck wifd149! Your final mark is what matters so all the best.
wifd149
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Well I wish you luck wifd149! Your final mark is what matters so all the best.
Thank you! Yeah, I'm doing my best to make my last year the best I could be! I don't get another chance of doing an LLB again.

All the best to you too
max_w2000
Rep:
Thank you! Yeah, I'm doing my best to make my last year the best I could be! I don't get another chance of doing an LLB again.

All the best to you too
Absolutely, and thank you
hopeful-lawyer
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Deffo agree you should apply!
max_w2000
Rep:
(Original post by hopeful-lawyer)
Deffo agree you should apply!
Thank you, I might as well try... Are you going to also apply? hopeful-lawyer
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (61)
15.76%
The paper was reasonable (190)
49.1%
Not feeling great about that exam... (97)
25.06%
It was TERRIBLE (39)
10.08%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed