The Student Room Group

Why do so many young people in this generation hate a 9-5? 😐

I don’t get what’s wrong with a 9-5? all I see on social media is everyone trying to avoid a 9-5 and become the next billionaire... do people who work in a factory or office based job hate the 9-5 ONLY or what?

Get a 9-5 and save to invest into passive income... if that’s how you wanna get rich 😃

I see it on social media and hear so many people young people wanna become the next rapper like fredo or sell drugs 💀

What’s your thoughts? no offence to anyone if I’ve said anything wrong!

Scroll to see replies

^^^
Reply 2
Original post by Davidsmithh
I don’t get what’s wrong with a 9-5? all I see on social media is everyone trying to avoid a 9-5 and become the next billionaire... do people who work in a factory or office based job hate the 9-5 ONLY or what?

Get a 9-5 and save to invest into passive income... if that’s how you wanna get rich 😃

I see it on social media and hear so many people young people wanna become the next rapper like fredo or sell drugs 💀

What’s your thoughts? no offence to anyone if I’ve said anything wrong!

its basically modern slavery?
The old 9-5 is not always relevant to many jobs and lifestyles.
So many people are contracted to work antisocial hours on zero hours contracts, have to put in 12-18hr shifts or freelancing in the gig economy.
Because people hate getting up early
I do shift work and would struggle with a 9 to 5. I would much rather do 3 x12 hour shifts per week and pick up one extra shift per month to get me roughly the same hours as a standard 9 to 5 job. I do nights, which means I don't have to get up so early in the morning, and I have days off through the week to book any appointments I need to attend, which makes me more flexible for doctors, dentists etc. I did go back to the 9 to 5 lifestyle about 5 years ago, but traded it in for shift work after only a year.
Original post by Ciel.
its basically modern slavery?

Is your dad gonna pay for your expenses?
Original post by londonmyst
The old 9-5 is not always relevant to many jobs and lifestyles.
So many people are contracted to work antisocial hours on zero hours contracts, have to put in 12-18hr shifts or freelancing in the gig economy.

interesting one
Original post by black tea
Because people hate getting up early

guess your parents are leaving you with £5M to inherit then?
Original post by Littleirishgirl
I do shift work and would struggle with a 9 to 5. I would much rather do 3 x12 hour shifts per week and pick up one extra shift per month to get me roughly the same hours as a standard 9 to 5 job. I do nights, which means I don't have to get up so early in the morning, and I have days off through the week to book any appointments I need to attend, which makes me more flexible for doctors, dentists etc. I did go back to the 9 to 5 lifestyle about 5 years ago, but traded it in for shift work after only a year.

Ooooh I see that’s a good one, I guess it’s whatever your comfortable with etc such as having kids or commitments
Bet your fun at parties 🤣
Waking up early is the worst, night shifts are lit
Because its not really out of choice, more necessity.

You have a system you have to abide by or lose your job and your livelihood, that’s not something anyone likes, especially People with ADHD and insomnia. I hope we get to a point where universal basic income comes into play and people can do what they want, literally if you want to be a bum then be bumming top the highest standard and those that want to make money can do so but not at the expense of needing commoners who have to work and make them rich. I don’t know the practicalities of this but I’m sure someone will try it in the future.
Reply 13
Is your dad gonna pay for your expenses?

naw, he hates me.
my boyfriend does
Original post by Moonlight Rain
Waking up early is the worst, night shifts are lit

yesss I’m with you, night shifts are great but I guess it would be different to having kids or a partner etc but that’s obviously upto you!
guess your parents are leaving you with £5M to inherit then?

When did this become about me?
Whoa, shiver me timbers
Original post by Ciel.
naw, he hates me.
my boyfriend does

Ahh yes fatherless, another one 🤣
Reply 18
Ahh yes fatherless, another one 🤣

daddy stuck around but he wasn't present
hmmm that’s such a great question ****... maybe when you replied? 💀

Where did I say anything about myself in the reply though?

Latest