The Student Room Group

University help!!??

I’m 2 days away from moving in and since February I’ve been so excited to move out but now it’s so close I’m slightly regretting choosing to go and a bit scared of going is this a natural feeling?
Original post by Didntasklol
I’m 2 days away from moving in and since February I’ve been so excited to move out but now it’s so close I’m slightly regretting choosing to go and a bit scared of going is this a natural feeling?

Definitely a natural feeling. Just take part in freshers and uni GCs to see if you can find people living in the same accom.

What uni and course are you doing?
I've moved this thread to the University life section. You may get more replies here :smile:

Hey @Didntasklol!

As a 3rd year student myself, I can promise you it's totally normal to feel a little scared and to worry about whether going to university is the right decision. I still get it a little myself and I've had some practise :s-smilie:! It's not an easy feeling to experience but I can tell you that it gets better with time, and that the moving itself is generally the hardest part :smile:.

Remember, you won't be alone- I'd suggest once you've moved in, get to know any flatmates you might have. Ask their favourite colour, hang out whilst cooking or suggest heading out to explore your new home together! It's likely you'll be in similar situations and experiencing similar doubts, so making that connection and doing it together can halve the struggle!

Perhaps have a look at some of the freshers events that are on offer- do any take your fancy? Try signing up to few (even if it seems a little outside your comfort zone) as it gives you the opportunity to get out, meet some people who will be in a similar situation to you and try something new!
Societies are a great way to get to meet people too. Maybe have a look at what societies are running in you university right now and decide which ones would pique your interests- sign up, get involved and chose your uni experience!

And although university is a big step, it can be one of the best ones, so keep remembering that excitement you've been feeling, even if there's some last-minute doubts!

Good luck with the move and with getting stuck into university and all it has to offer :biggrin:

Ceri (3rd year WECS student at Suffolk) :smile:
Reply 4

For sure. Last minute worries happen to us all. It's because it is on your mind much more now that it's closer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending