Aslihan23
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello

I am in the final year of my accounting degree and I am currently looking for a graduate job. I was wondering if by working for one of the big four accounting firms I would be able to pursue the ACCA qualification. Do they pay for the exams or would I have to complete and pay for the exams myself?
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi

All the big 4 will have staff studying for ACCA, but its much more common for their staff to study ACA/ CA. The firms pay for exams and study courses.
Aslihan23
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by ajj2000)
Hi

All the big 4 will have staff studying for ACCA, but its much more common for their staff to study ACA/ CA. The firms pay for exams and study courses.
Thanks for the reply.

So if I want to study the ACCA shall I apply instead for a smaller firm that offers it? Also, what is the difference between each of these qualifications?
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Aslihan23)
Thanks for the reply.

So if I want to study the ACCA shall I apply instead for a smaller firm that offers it? Also, what is the difference between each of these qualifications?
Honestly - they are pretty much the same. Any strong reason for preferring ACCA? I think its more important to apply for lots of jobs as its not easy to get into grad schemes. If someone offers you a great job with funding for CIMA then go for it.
SomeWelshGuy123
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Aslihan23)
Thanks for the reply.

ACCA is usually small-mid size firms, I believe the tuition or something is cheaper. You can always apply for Big4 post-qualification or towards then end and they would fund the remaining exams and training. Big4 don't hire grads onto ACCA schemes but will hire semi-qualified individuals from other firms doing the ACCA.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (212)
56.68%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (50)
13.37%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (41)
10.96%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (33)
8.82%
I haven't started researching yet (22)
5.88%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (16)
4.28%

Watched Threads