how can I pass/ revise for my GCSE November resits 2021?

Watch
anon1830486
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
so i got a 3 in maths and english language and need to resit them in November nut I do not know how to revise as I am scared if I fail again. I am at college now studying a Level 2 and wanna revise for my resits so can someone tell me how I can revise for my resits for maths foundation and english language plss

also any tips for revision or ways or revising?
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
well, you probably should re-examine the current revision methods you have as these are probably not working for you- how did you revise before? did you use practice papers and methods with active recall?
EOData
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Your college should be providing you will lessons for this is you have not achieved at least a 4. Ask your teachers, or ask the college why they are not teaching you if you aren't having lessons.
anon1830486
Rep:
?
(Original post by absolutelysprout)
well, you probably should re-examine the current revision methods you have as these are probably not working for you- how did you revise before? did you use practice papers and methods with active recall?
yh i should see where i went wrong with revising so for maths i just went over all the topics for exams and just like answered simple quesyions tbh as i am doing foundation and I thought it was gonna b an easy exam anyway. but i wasn't sure how to revise for maths but for english language and never really revised it as i didn't know how to revise for it and didn't know where to get the past papers from? how would you advise me to revise for maths and english language plsss thanks

(Original post by EOData)
Your college should be providing you will lessons for this is you have not achieved at least a 4. Ask your teachers, or ask the college why they are not teaching you if you aren't having lessons.
Yh the college told me I start my english language and maths lessons next week so I hope this will help
anon1830486
Rep:
?
bump
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by anon1830486)
yh i should see where i went wrong with revising so for maths i just went over all the topics for exams and just like answered simple quesyions tbh as i am doing foundation and I thought it was gonna b an easy exam anyway. but i wasn't sure how to revise for maths but for english language and never really revised it as i didn't know how to revise for it and didn't know where to get the past papers from? how would you advise me to revise for maths and english language plsss thanks

Yh the college told me I start my english language and maths lessons next week so I hope this will help
past papers will be on any exam board website so go on these. i wouldn't stick to doing the easy questions as you won't be able to identify your weak areas- do a full foundation paper.
for maths and english lang best way to revise is through exam practice, using past and sample papers.
Anonok
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
My bro resat in November 2020 while doing Alevels.
I got him a weekly online tutor. Think she was about £30 per hour? But you can get tutors for much cheaper! Try tutor hunt and tutorful.
You probably don’t have a job but do you get pocket money? Can you persuade your parents to maybe pay for one lesson every two weeks? It won’t even be that many before November.
Tutors can be even like £12/15. Look around the websites. One on one teaching for my bro is what got him there. He went from a 4 to a 6. So it’s possible. He got distracted in his old normal gcse classes, but one on one tutor he could actually talk to a teacher without being shy or worried he sounded silly. Ask the tutor to set you homework to mark, ours did. It’s very very helpful.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (51)
13.93%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (94)
25.68%
I'm a bit unsure (63)
17.21%
I'm finding things difficult (127)
34.7%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (31)
8.47%

Watched Threads