Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by DevasmitaK47)
I am not able to focus on studying
Hello DevasmitaK47

Have you tried different strategies to studying? I.e. do you work well with music on in the background (this is something I have to do!) Or, do you work better in public spaces such as a library or coffee shop?

Or maybe that it is that you work best at home. If this is the case, try and eliminate any distractions. Make yourself a study timetable & try to follow this as best you can. It will make you feel reassured and on top of things, as well as organising your different tasks.

You may also be able to seek advice from your college/university e.g. Student Development & WellBeing team or a study mentor?

Hope this advice helps!

Dylan :tsr:
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Maybe have a specific place in the house that you use for study and nothing else. Location is very important. If you're trying to do school work in the same environment that you go on your phone, you will inevitably be distracted.

Music can sometimes help and sometimes be a distraction - find out what works for you. Music with lyrics is a bad idea for study. Supposedly, the best music for study is slow Baroque music at low volume (like this). But you might prefer no music at all. Experiment a bit.
Last edited by Sinnoh; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (42)
13.04%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (88)
27.33%
I'm a bit unsure (57)
17.7%
I'm finding things difficult (110)
34.16%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (25)
7.76%

Watched Threads