Who applies Driving license points?

Watch
Vfaust
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello. As I'm new driver, I always worrying about having points on my license. I would like to ask, how these points applies? Or who? Do I get points only when stopped by police?
Last edited by Vfaust; 1 month ago
Hotheaded
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Vfaust)
Hello. As I'm new driver, I always worrying about having points on my license. I would like to ask, how these points applies? Or who? Do I get points only when stopped by police?
You can get points for speeding, not just being stopped by police, you will be asked to take a speeding awareness course if it’s your first time offending, after that points will be put on your license

Reckless driving, speeding, illegal turns, not making a complete stop, drunken driving and at-fault accidents all incur points. As well as using your phone. For example if you are caught on camera making an illegal turn. Running a red light can also result in points and or a fine
Last edited by Hotheaded; 1 month ago
Vfaust
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hotheaded)
You can get points for speeding, not just being stopped by police, you will be asked to take a speeding awareness course if it’s your first time offending, after that points will be put on your license

Reckless driving, speeding, illegal turns, not making a complete stop, drunken driving and at-fault accidents all incur points. As well as using your phone. For example if you are caught on camera making an illegal turn. Running a red light can also result in points and or a fine
So basically I can get points even if caught on the camera?
Hotheaded
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So basically I can get points even if caught on the camera?
Yeah
Vfaust
Rep:
?
Yeah
Is that these points appears straight on the license online or they sending a letter before that?
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Is that these points appears straight on the license online or they sending a letter before that?
You will receive information from the relevant constabulary and you'll be asked to send your licence off for endorsement.
martin7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
you will be asked to take a speeding awareness course if it’s your first time offending, after that points will be put on your license
You might be offered the option of taking a speed awareness course -- there are a number of factors that determine whether or not it's offered to you. It certainly isn't automatic in the way you suggest.
Hotheaded
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by martin7)
You might be offered the option of taking a speed awareness course -- there are a number of factors that determine whether or not it's offered to you. It certainly isn't automatic in the way you suggest.
Yes
-Must be 3 years after date of last detection
-Determined by speed
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes
-Must be 3 years after date of last detection
-Determined by speed
Still not that simple.
Hotheaded
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
Still not that simple.
Never said it was simple
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Never said it was simple
You implied it was a surety.
RedGiant
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
When you accept a fixed penalty notice which carries an endorsement on your license, or when the Single Justice/Magistrate endorses it in court. The effective date of points endorsed is backdated, i.e. it is the date of offence.
Last edited by RedGiant; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (317)
57.22%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (77)
13.9%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (62)
11.19%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (49)
8.84%
I haven't started researching yet (28)
5.05%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
3.79%

Watched Threads