Curious- how many got ill after the covid vaccine

Watch
JoshDarnIt_
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
My dad did and he got it pretty bad
Crazy Jamie
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Xiphos)
You stating that a data set is 'useless' because it is open source doesn't make it so. I would not take it as empirical but, I would find it hard to believe that hundreds of thousands of people suddenly deiced to fabricate false reports all around the globe in the last 12 months. That is my interpretation of the data; how you choose to interpret it is down to you hence the disclaimer.
The issue is not the reports being false. Some will be, but that will always happen with something like this. Could have happened in this thread. The issue is that people are reporting correlation yet the data quite explicitly says nothing at all about causation. That said, if you presented that not to show or hint at causation but to simply highlight to the OP how many people have reported issues after the vaccine, then that's fine, albeit the site may well go further than the OP intended.
Last edited by Crazy Jamie; 4 months ago
mxt77
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
first one , slight ache in arm in the evening and woke up with an ache and by 1300 gone, second one, relived the first time i got covid,
Last edited by mxt77; 4 months ago
lucyyy12
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
i was totally fine, just a sore arm.
i think the worry about it was worse, the actual thing was fine for me. i know that's not the case for everyone though
black tea
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Slightly sore arm, nothing more after either dose for me.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Sore arm thats about it.. had some mild flu like symptoms like a runny nose, nausea and a headache but not sure if those were from either of the jabs or something else..
Xiphos
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Crazy Jamie)
The issue is not the reports being false. Some will be, but that will always happen with something like this. Could have happened in this thread. The issue is that people are reporting correlation yet the data quite explicitly says nothing at all about causation. That said, if you presented that not to show or hint at causation but to simply highlight to the OP how many people have reported issues after the vaccine, then that's fine, albeit the site may well go further than the OP intended.
You are assuming my motivations for posting the link and are also assuming that posting a link like that is hinting at what I think that data set means. Quite strange, logically speaking. There is the data, there is the disclaimer; do with it what you will.
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Fine after the first. Felt like I had a head cold for a couple of days after the second - no doubt exacerbated by hay fever symptoms.
jonathanemptage
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Note: this is not the thread to debate covid vaccines and wether people who don't want them are 'selfish and ignorant' or how people who do are 'gullible and spineless'

I'm curious as to how many of you got ill after the vaccine. I've had friends who were totally fine (apart from arm pain) both times and others who had to call in sick as they were very ill.

For me the first time round was ok but this second dose was awful, my arm pain was bad which made it difficult to get to sleep, then at 4am I woke up feverish and couldn't get back to sleep. I had a high temperature all day, incurable headache, fatigue (probably due to no sleep) and dizziness. Thankfully it was gone after two days but I've never gotten ill after a vaccine, only arm pain. I've never had a flu jab so I don't know if its virus vaccines that do this kind of thing or just the covid one.
I had the same after mine my appetite also disappeared which is not like me at all but I'd rather be ill for a little bit than get covid.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
6.95%
October 2021 (232)
44.79%
November 2021 (63)
12.16%
December 2021 (65)
12.55%
January 2021 (63)
12.16%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (43)
8.3%