Why doesn't a girl say hi back to me when I said hi to her while in a corridor with m

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Here is the detail, I have been spoken to this girl before, and I like her, so I asked her out. She said she isn't ready for a relationship, so she asks us if we can stay friends for now and I said alright. Since then we keep talk to each other for 3 months during summer holiday. When we get back to school, we still talk to each other in morning as we take same bus. I also start to say hi to her in school when I see her. But since the second week of the school, I have a sense that she is avoiding me and ignoring me (not sure). I texted her on Monday ask how is she doing, she didn't see the message for two days, and she replied it on Wednesday morning. Then I said hi to her in the corridor on Thursday morning, with my friends surround, she was looking at me (not with hatred looking, maybe little bit smiling), but she ignored my greeting and didn't respond. I don't understand why does she do this? Is it bad thing or good thing. What are the possible answers for her weird actions, because she looks friendly but doesn't reply to my greeting really makes me confuse.
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Just leave her alone.

She’s told you she isn’t ready for a relationship, what part of that don’t you understand?

Seems like she wants space, for whatever reason is unknown. I’m guessing because she doesn’t want to give you the wrong idea.
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
She’s happy to be a friendly acquaintance but nothing more and is now taking actions to not encourage you because it’s clear you want more. If you back off things will probably be fine
Wired_1800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Here is the detail, I have been spoken to this girl before, and I like her, so I asked her out. She said she isn't ready for a relationship, so she asks us if we can stay friends for now and I said alright. Since then we keep talk to each other for 3 months during summer holiday. When we get back to school, we still talk to each other in morning as we take same bus. I also start to say hi to her in school when I see her. But since the second week of the school, I have a sense that she is avoiding me and ignoring me (not sure). I texted her on Monday ask how is she doing, she didn't see the message for two days, and she replied it on Wednesday morning. Then I said hi to her in the corridor on Thursday morning, with my friends surround, she was looking at me (not with hatred looking, maybe little bit smiling), but she ignored my greeting and didn't respond. I don't understand why does she do this? Is it bad thing or good thing. What are the possible answers for her weird actions, because she looks friendly but doesn't reply to my greeting really makes me confuse.
Just move on. You are setting yourself up for a massive fail. She wont respect your approach and that could affect how she sees you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (12)
50%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (3)
12.5%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (3)
12.5%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (1)
4.17%
I haven't started researching yet (2)
8.33%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
12.5%

Watched Threads