The Student Room Group

what are essentials for uni????

what will i need to take to class???
Original post by Anonymous
what will i need to take to class???

Hi @Anonymous!

In terms of some essentials to take into uni classes on a daily basis, I'd recommend a notepad and pens, or a laptop (it depends which you're most comfortable taking notes with :biggrin:), a drink (whether water or coffee is up to you of course) and some snacks (to keep the energy up!). Also, don't forget any student ID you might need to access buildings and any textbooks/ reading materials that you've been told are an essential lecture element (not every course has these though, so don't worry unless it's specifically mentioned).

Hope that helps a little and good luck with starting your course :biggrin:

Ceri (3rd year WECS student at Suffolk) :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by University of Suffolk student
Hi @Anonymous!

In terms of some essentials to take into uni classes on a daily basis, I'd recommend a notepad and pens, or a laptop (it depends which you're most comfortable taking notes with :biggrin:), a drink (whether water or coffee is up to you of course) and some snacks (to keep the energy up!). Also, don't forget any student ID you might need to access buildings and any textbooks/ reading materials that you've been told are an essential lecture element (not every course has these though, so don't worry unless it's specifically mentioned).

Hope that helps a little and good luck with starting your course :biggrin:

Ceri (3rd year WECS student at Suffolk) :smile:

OMG!! this was very helpful,i really appreciate....so I don't need to take a laptop to uni if I can make notes on a notpad right? cause my laptop is pretty heavy(I do need to get a more portable one though)
paper and pen would really be the minimum

I've seen people fail to turn up with even those however...
Original post by Anonymous
OMG!! this was very helpful,i really appreciate....so I don't need to take a laptop to uni if I can make notes on a notpad right? cause my laptop is pretty heavy(I do need to get a more portable one though)

No need to take you're laptop if it's too heavy- a notepad works brilliantly! It's all about what you're most comfortable taking notes with :smile:

Glad to help :biggrin:

Ceri (3rd year WECs student at Suffolk)
I took a clipboard to ensure I had a hard surface to write on (I made the notes on pre-printed lecture handouts)

Quick Reply

Latest