f3iz
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I dont have the grades to apply to queen's mary and royal holloway so i just wanted to ask is it possible for me to go through clearing and get in? Are these two universities usually in clearing? (If not, would it be better to do foundation year at these uni or directly do CS at brunel with placement? I don't want to do foundation year but if it esseantial to get into these good uni's I'm willing to do it.)

I would like to do computer science bsc

My BTEC predicted grades are:
IT (certificate): D (We did the following units: Database, data modelling, IT Systems and Social media)
Business (diploma): D*D
(For maths GCSE, I got a 5. When can I retake it and will it be hard as I have other work to do as well?)

Plus:
During the lockdown, I've learnt Java(including OOP), Python 2, HTML 5 (kind now CSS), discrete maths, JavaScript and C# using Codecademy.
I've also taken part in the YE and NCS programme and attended a few webinars about CS.
Would this make me stand out and increase the chance of getting accepted?

Would there be a chance?
Last edited by f3iz; 4 weeks ago
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by f3iz)
I dont have the grades to apply to brunel and royal holloway so i just wanted to ask is it possible for me to go through clearing and get in? Are these two universities usually in clearing?
No-one has a clue what will be in Clearing each year.
With 'covid risk' making grades more unpredictable, this is even more difficult to guess.

Yes, its 'possible' - but using this as an application strategy is very risky and not recomended.
f3iz
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by McGinger)
No-one has a clue what will be in Clearing each year.
With 'covid risk' making grades more unpredictable, this is even more difficult to guess.

Yes, its 'possible' - but using this as an application strategy is very risky and not recomended.
I've seen that due to the pandemic they are accepting lower grades for a levels. (Im talking about royal holloway)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (57)
14.65%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (98)
25.19%
I'm a bit unsure (67)
17.22%
I'm finding things difficult (133)
34.19%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (34)
8.74%

Watched Threads