heccyeah
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hiya I've got some stupid questions about filling in the ucas form and I was hoping someone could help me?

Personal details
1) Do you need to include your middle name? If so, where do you put it on the form? In the box for your first name?

Education
1) How far back do you need to go with places of education? Like I attended a secondary school for a couple of weeks right at the beginning of september in year 7 before moving to a different secondary school. I don't need to include that first school do I?
2) I "sat" my GCSEs in 2020 - but what do I put for the month? June?
3) If I attend the same school for my A-Levels as I did my GCSEs, do I put that school on the form twice with dates from 2015-2020 and 2020-2022 or just once with dates 2015-2022?
4) Again, what month do I put as my end date for sixth form?

Finance and funding
1) For this question: "Tell us who will assess you for tuition fees, or how you will pay for your course. Please select the option which best describes your situation." What do I put? It just gives me a list of counties - I might just be stupid but I don't see how that answers the question?
Last edited by heccyeah; 4 weeks ago
heccyeah
Rep:
?
bump?
PastelColours
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by heccyeah)
bump?
personal details
1) I put my middle name with my first name, I dont think you need to include it but I put it there cos just incase
education
1)im not sure
2)do you mean the qualification date? I put June as thats when exams ended
3)you put it once so 2015-2022
4) June cos thats when exams end

finance
1) yh no clue how it works but just put your county/borough down lol. they assess your student finances etc

anyone feel free to correct me lol
dw your questions arent stupid. I literally spam my friend with similar questions about what to fill in
Last edited by PastelColours; 4 weeks ago
Will_Armo
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi,

I would include your middle name in the application. I wouldn't include your first place of education as it's not really necessary if you only had a couple of weeks there. It's normally June for exams, but double check with your advisor. You should put the same school twice, if appropriate add 'Sixth Form' on the end (I assume it's a sixth form if attached to a school).

Double check with your UCAS 'referee' to be sure.

Hope this helps.
heccyeah
Rep:
?
(Original post by Will_Armo)
Hi,

I would include your middle name in the application. I wouldn't include your first place of education as it's not really necessary if you only had a couple of weeks there. It's normally June for exams, but double check with your advisor. You should put the same school twice, if appropriate add 'Sixth Form' on the end (I assume it's a sixth form if attached to a school).

Double check with your UCAS 'referee' to be sure.

Hope this helps.
I was confused because the post 16 is very much separate from the school in terms of teachers and everything and even for the most part in a completely different building but its like the same exam centre. I've put them down separately but to be fair it probably doesn't make a massive difference as long as all of the right qualifications are on there? I hope so anyways :laugh:
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Lots of advice about all of this : https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/a...te-application
Will_Armo
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by heccyeah)
I was confused because the post 16 is very much separate from the school in terms of teachers and everything and even for the most part in a completely different building but its like the same exam centre. I've put them down separately but to be fair it probably doesn't make a massive difference as long as all of the right qualifications are on there? I hope so anyways :laugh:
Yes, I think it would be a pretty poor move if unis judged you on which school you went to.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (51)
13.93%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (94)
25.68%
I'm a bit unsure (63)
17.21%
I'm finding things difficult (127)
34.7%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (31)
8.47%

Watched Threads