Student25_
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I am applying to do interior architecture at uni but it says I need a portfolio. Do I use the one I am currently making in my A level fine art or do I make one at home that directly focuses on the uni course or should I do a foundation year at the university
Will_Armo
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi,

In short, you'll need to make a new one. Include any works from creative subjects you're doing, including Fine Art, Graphics, Photography, Product Design. They'll want to see your creative ability, not necessarily architecture skills at this stage. It's so advantageous to include a wide range of disciplines in the folio, so don't just leave it to fine art. Maybe work in your own time to do some building sketches if you can, to show a bit of relevance. I applied for Product Design at Uni and didn't do Product Design at A Level, but I worked with the teachers and technicians in my DT department to do some physical pieces, maybe this is something you could do for models of houses/structures etc?

Make it presentable, because once you send it off you can't edit it. Explain well your process and thoughts behind your ideas, as well as research into existing products/architecture. You could demonstrate photography of local architecture, which styles you like - for example, a section on brutalism and some sketches from yourself about how you would construct a brutalist inspired building. Neat and Tidy is key, with a wide range of things.

Best of Luck with it, feel free to get in touch if you need any other advice.
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
There are lots of advice videos on YouTube from all the leading Art/Design Colleges about portfolios and what should be in them.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Student25_)
I am applying to do interior architecture at uni but it says I need a portfolio. Do I use the one I am currently making in my A level fine art or do I make one at home that directly focuses on the uni course or should I do a foundation year at the university
You need to read the portfolio guidelines for each of your choices and then decide if your current work and portfolio is suitable.
In theory you will need a different portfolio for each university - tailoring the content to meet their requirements.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (51)
13.93%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (94)
25.68%
I'm a bit unsure (63)
17.21%
I'm finding things difficult (127)
34.7%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (31)
8.47%

Watched Threads