Starting new job, I’m worrying over this mistake

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Basically I’ve just got a new job, not started it yet but the managers been emailing me advice on how to prepare etc, she seems ok.

I replied in an email thanking her and said I’d be sure to look up the topics she suggested. I then realised I’d spelt her name wrong, just the last letter I’d put as a ‘y’ when it should have been ‘I’

I’d already sent the email and sent another email about 10 mins after apologising that I’d spelt her name wrong.

I now feel stupid and am worrying that I’ve made a deal out of nothing or that she’ll think I’m too formal/ a ass licker or something. As it was only 1 letter I’d made a mistake with.

Have I gone a bit over the top or am I worrying too much
Fara Williams
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Don't worry brother in start-up every one could make mistake.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
The fact that you've sent a follow up message shows that you do know how to spell her name and that it was just a typo / easy mistake.

Try not to worry about it.
xxx0xxxo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It’s ok, people always spell my name wrong even though it’s written right there, including my classmates and teacher who’s known me long enough. It would reflect well that you corrected it. If their name is unique in being spelled with an ‘I’ instead of y then it’s even less your fault
Anonymous #3
Report 4 weeks ago
It's fine. It happens don't worry too much about it.
You've sent two emails that's it. Crack on with your day job now. Mine is misspelt often and I never get an apology email. Atleast this situation will stick by you and you'll hopefully write her name correctly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (57)
14.65%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (98)
25.19%
I'm a bit unsure (67)
17.22%
I'm finding things difficult (133)
34.19%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (34)
8.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise