jlee22
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've been in Y10 for about a week and 1/2 and we haven't really covered much content in terms of the courses, but should I start making notes on the content we have covered already? I really am aiming for 9s but I don't know when I should start revising/making notes.
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you’re aiming for 9s, start revising or making notes from now. It’ll make your life easier later on when the pace increases.
claraa24
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would agree w/ mesopotamian - but I think if you're going to start making notes you should really make sure they're in the format and structure you'll stick to in Y11. It is such a waste of time having to redo them - yet I found myself doing exactly that all throughout my GCSE years - it's very tempting. Perhaps by sticking it out for a few lessons and maybe even waiting for a test, you'd be better equipped to know exactly what kind of revision + note-taking is most efficient + productive. I think the best thing for you to do right now would be to review lesson content and ensure you have a good understanding of what you're learning, as these first few lessons form the basis of what you learn in the future, and you can always make notes later on.
lucyyy12
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
start making them now and keep making them throughout the year, keep looking over them and refreshing them as you go.
I'd make them as concise as you can, bullet points or mind maps helped me a lot but whatever works best for you.
good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (214)
56.76%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (50)
13.26%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (42)
11.14%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (33)
8.75%
I haven't started researching yet (22)
5.84%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (16)
4.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed