Would you get married before graduating?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
would you or nah
username5812124
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would wait to be settled down and have a good job before I would say yes to a man. most people that just get out of college are in a lot of debt
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
With true love, anything is possible
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
would you or nah
Are you asking for yourself?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by angelove1704)
I would wait to be settled down and have a good job before I would say yes to a man. most people that just get out of college are in a lot of debt
Yes that i would want to be financially stable
Anonymous #1
yes true
Anonymous #1
Everyones timing is different
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 5hyl33n)
Are you asking for yourself?
yes and to see other peoples opinions
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Maybe.
But I'm always adding to my postgrad collection.
Some of my friends got married as teenagers.
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yes and to see other peoples opinions
Personally, I'm not looking to get married before the age of 30 when hopefully, I will be financially stable with my own car, house, a job I am happy in etc.

If you feel you are ready for marriage, then go ahead, but remember not to make a rash decision. :yy:
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
in my culture, my mum would marry off rn if she could (i’m 17). My sisters got married at 16, 17 and 19. Even at 19, it was too old.

My dad has apparentlt said i’m not getting married until i finish my education (as in after uni) but he does say things he doesn’t mean and my mum will realistically start pressuring me around 20 and bring me “candidates”.

Although I just stated all that, I’m not one to fall to peer pressure by my parents, especially in this topic (well i hope i’m not). I am 17 but i’ve never been in a relationship. A lot of the times I have a strong urge to get married or in a relationship so that I can be loved and feel not so alone but I know that it’s a temporary urge, and I’d never do such thing on a temporary feeling and I don’t feel prepared. I do sometimes feel like i have to get married ASAP, only because that’s how I was raised up to think but I’m starting to realise that there’s no “expiry date” on me.

I want to do medicine, so that’s a 6 year course. I would like to think during that time I’ve found someone. If the right person comes along, I hope everything falls into the right place.

I wrote so much, but oh well
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
in my culture, my mum would marry off rn if she could (i’m 17). My sisters got married at 16, 17 and 19. Even at 19, it was too old.

My dad has apparentlt said i’m not getting married until i finish my education (as in after uni) but he does say things he doesn’t mean and my mum will realistically start pressuring me around 20 and bring me “candidates”.

Although I just stated all that, I’m not one to fall to peer pressure by my parents, especially in this topic (well i hope i’m not). I am 17 but i’ve never been in a relationship. A lot of the times I have a strong urge to get married or in a relationship so that I can be loved and feel not so alone but I know that it’s a temporary urge, and I’d never do such thing on a temporary feeling and I don’t feel prepared. I do sometimes feel like i have to get married ASAP, only because that’s how I was raised up to think but I’m starting to realise that there’s no “expiry date” on me.

I want to do medicine, so that’s a 6 year course. I would like to think during that time I’ve found someone. If the right person comes along, I hope everything falls into the right place.

ah forgot to mention my grandma got married at 9, my mum got married at 14 and had her first child at 17. So yeah, they’ll probably have a stroke if they found out I wanna get married at around 25 lol
icecream2021
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes, this is true and only if i am 100% sure that we can support each other no matter what
otherwise no i wouldn't rush into anything i'm not ready for
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago

I can relate to this bit

"A lot of the times I have a strong urge to get married or in a relationship so that I can be loved and feel not so alone but I know that it’s a temporary urge, and I’d never do such thing on a temporary feeling and I don’t feel prepared. I do sometimes feel like i have to get married ASAP, only because that’s how I was raised up to think but I’m starting to realise that there’s no “expiry date” on me."

and agree to this "I would like to think during that time I’ve found someone. If the right person comes along, I hope everything falls into the right place."

inshallah for you and me both
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
I can relate to this bit

"A lot of the times I have a strong urge to get married or in a relationship so that I can be loved and feel not so alone but I know that it’s a temporary urge, and I’d never do such thing on a temporary feeling and I don’t feel prepared. I do sometimes feel like i have to get married ASAP, only because that’s how I was raised up to think but I’m starting to realise that there’s no “expiry date” on me."

and agree to this "I would like to think during that time I’ve found someone. If the right person comes along, I hope everything falls into the right place."

inshallah for you and me both
i’m glad i’m not alone Inshallah whatever comes our way is nothing but good for us and we don’t have to force anything. Good things come to those who wait I guess. Inshallah we both don’t ever settle for less
asif007
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've seen a lot of my friends getting engaged and married before they graduated, but I could never do that myself - even at my age. When you are long-term single but you see a lot of people entering relationships easily through uni, anyone that comes into your life all of a sudden once you start working and building a career for yourself needs to go through an extreme vetting process. It's no secret that women will not look at a man twice when he has nothing to offer, but they will come running when a man is the finished product in a good job earning a good income. Women who want hard-working men in high-status jobs need to work hard to earn the privilege of sharing that.

I went to a wedding recently with a big group of friends from sixth form (10 people). Apart from the bride and groom, the rest of us (all male) are still single. All very sociable guys in great jobs, but never had any luck in relationships. I think that speaks volumes of the fact that dating and finding compatibility as a man is much harder than it is for women. Young and attractive women will always have unlimited options in the dating world whereas men have to work hard to earn those same opportunities. Read about sexual marketplace value (SMV) and how it differs for men and women.
jenerous
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would get married whenever I'd find marriage to be the necessary course of action.
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes I did
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (317)
57.22%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (77)
13.9%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (62)
11.19%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (49)
8.84%
I haven't started researching yet (28)
5.05%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
3.79%

Watched Threads