revison help idk how much is too much

Watch
ilikecatsig123
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
is 20 hours of revision a week (at least) too much? i've currently just gone into year 11 and have GCSES in may, mocks in November however i feel like i'm doing too much revision. But if i don't do this much revision i start of panic and worry i'll be under prepared in may
Last edited by ilikecatsig123; 1 month ago
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ilikecatsig123)
is 20 hours of revision (at least) too much? i've currently just gone into year 11 and have GCSES in may, mocks in November however i feel like i'm doing too much revision. But if i don't do this much revision i start of panic and worry i'll be under prepared in may
20 hours a day?! :shock:

Yes, it is too much. Remember: Study smarter, not harder.
Oófie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
20 hours per week?
0ptics
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 5hyl33n)
Remember: Study smarter, not harder.
Beat me to it!
ilikecatsig123
Rep:
?
20 hours a day?! :shock:

Yes, it is too much. Remember: Study smarter, not harder.
a week aha!! 20 hours a week + 30 hours of school
ilikecatsig123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Oófie)
20 hours per week?
yes i'll edit the post now lol
5hyl33n
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 0ptics)
Beat me to it!
Sorry! :hugs:
ilikecatsig123
Rep:
?
Sorry! :hugs:
so is 20 hours a week still too much?
5hyl33n
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ilikecatsig123)
a week aha!! 20 hours a week + 30 hours of school
Oh, haha! :lol:

That averages out to almost 3 hours a day, which is quite good. If you are performing well in tests, can keep up with your revision/HW and still have time to do your own thing, then yes, it's fine.
Flk10
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There’s no such thing as too much revision! 20 hours a week is a great amount for now.

Personally I think it’s really important to treat your mocks as real exams. I would step it up in the month before to 4 hours revision on school nights and 8 hours per day at weekends.

Imo the right approach is to study smart and hard.
ilikecatsig123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Flk10)
There’s no such thing as too much revision! 20 hours a week is a great amount for now.

Personally I think it’s really important to treat your mocks as real exams. I would step it up in the month before to 4 hours revision on school nights and 8 hours per day at weekends.

great thank you, i'll defo step it up before mocks
summerbirdreads
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I wouldn't call it too much but if you're doing it smart and being consistent then it could be the perfect number
Oófie
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Flk10)

There definetly is such thing as too much revision, and it causes burn out, which you do not want to be. I also think doing 9 hours (including school) every weekday and 8 hours Saturday and Sunday is wayyy too much for a month straight. The amount of revision you do shouldn't be tied to a number of hours rather how you feel the quality of your revision is. Do active recall and every single practice paper you can get your hands on and revise a little bit every day.
Last edited by Oófie; 1 month ago
Aspstudent
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I mean someone else could end up getting 9 but without doing 20 hours a day. If you know you can do less and get good grades, why not do it?
mazz4
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 0ptics)
Beat me to it!
i think u might need help remembering to study xxx
Flk10
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Oófie)
There definetly is such thing as too much revision, and it causes burn out, which you do not want to be. I also think doing 9 hours (including school) every weekday and 8 hours Saturday and Sunday is wayyy too much for a month straight. The amount of revision you do shouldn't be tied to a number of hours rather how you feel the quality of your revision is. Do active recall and every single practice paper you can get your hands on and revise a little bit every day.
Clearly doing that amount for the whole year would be excessive. But it is perfectly reasonable for a one month period before exams.

After your exams you want to feel like you’ve worked as hard as you can and tried your best. Tbh you should feel tired if you’ve been putting in effort.

Of course you should use smart revision methods but it’s also important to work hard. Revision
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (124)
87.32%
No (18)
12.68%

Watched Threads