ma15
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Will Cambridge take into consideration less high gcse grades due to coronavirus , and coming from a majorly low funded state school . My school's average grade was a c (4) or a fail, and i got an 1 A*,3 A's , 5 B's , my main concern is that even if i achieved all A*s at a-level they may disregard my application due to the fact i didn't acheive all A's and A*s in my gcse examinations that i took this summer.
Which I find rather frustrating , as my school dealt with the 'assessments' horrendously - for example , they'd spontaneously alert us that we'd have an exam the day before the test , when other school's were told weeks if not months .
Theloniouss
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Your grades are fine, especially considering your school and the circumstances. You definitely have a chance.
Peterhouse Admissions
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
We wouldn't discount an application solely on the basis of one component. If you apply with A Level grades in hand, we will pay closer attention to those, as they are more recent indicators of academic achievement.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (316)
57.14%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (77)
13.92%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (62)
11.21%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (49)
8.86%
I haven't started researching yet (28)
5.06%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
3.8%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed