Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Took a lovely gap year out, including Covid then basically 2 years out. Now I got my university timetable I am doing something every single day so I will have to now quit my job. Almost 35 hours a week of lessons tbh how will I cope? How hard is pharmacy?? I am not that bright. I’m glad some of the lectures are online but barely any are, I really don’t want to be commuting everyday over an hour for a 60 minute lecture when they resume face to face, will this happen post covid when everything goes back to normal?can’t recorded lectures stay online forever?
Ash1234
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Took a lovely gap year out, including Covid then basically 2 years out. Now I got my university timetable I am doing something every single day so I will have to now quit my job. Almost 35 hours a week of lessons tbh how will I cope? How hard is pharmacy?? I am not that bright. I’m glad some of the lectures are online but barely any are, I really don’t want to be commuting everyday over an hour for a 60 minute lecture when they resume face to face, will this happen post covid when everything goes back to normal?can’t recorded lectures stay online forever?
I suggest you re read your UCAS Application so you can recall why you applied in the first place.

Similar boat but instead of a degree I'm applying for a more intensive structured job when I've currently past two years really been quite chilled so it's super daunting and I already feel like saying No. But don't get yourself into this downward spiral of thinking.

Firstly this is just imposter syndrome, loosely defined as doubting your abilities and feeling like a fraud. You can't not be bright if you successfully got a place on Pharmacy, come on. Think positively.

Think of the long term prospects of doing a Pharmacy degree = the pay, the stability, the opportunities... Vs quitting and staying in your current job? Unless your current job is well paid, there's progression but I know personally I wouldn't give up a chance to study Pharmacy..

Suggestion:
speak to your University tutor and see what the plans are for the timetable is there flexibility to do the lectures at home but then attend the turo groups. Let them know how you are feeling so support can be put in place like extra submission deadlines or extra time in exams. I know with winter Covid/flu season is slightly unpredictable so Uni probably don't know how to prepare the timetable too

Commute
Why did you apply for that particular University if you were not comfortable commute hours? Surely you knew? Is there an opportunity to transfer Universities or is too late now. Can you do 1 year then change in 2nd year to a closer University?
Dee-Emma
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Just because an in person lecture only takes up an hour of the day doesn't mean you can't usefully use the uni facilities for the rest of the day. Library/study/research + gym and a social event. You're paying £9250per year for this stuff. If you'd really wanted a distance learning degree it could have been much cheaper.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Welcome to reality also you chosen this "stressful" lifestyle
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Dee-Emma)
Just because an in person lecture only takes up an hour of the day doesn't mean you can't usefully use the uni facilities for the rest of the day. Library/study/research + gym and a social event. You're paying £9250per year for this stuff. If you'd really wanted a distance learning degree it could have been much cheaper.
I’m sure I still have to pay for gym and all other social events but I am planning to!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (51)
13.93%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (94)
25.68%
I'm a bit unsure (63)
17.21%
I'm finding things difficult (127)
34.7%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (31)
8.47%

Watched Threads