The Student Room Group

International Canadian Student Medicine Question

I am an international student from Canada and am applying for 2022 entry. I am very confused about the requirements for me as the resources are limited and my province's specific requirements are outdated. When I try to contact universities they reply with automated emails that do not answer my questions so I am seeking advice from TSR.
- When I try to calculate my UCAS tariff points my qualifications are not an option in the drop down menu. I have tried contacting different universities about this but have had no luck. For reference, an example of one of my qualifications would be Chemistry 40S.
- Is it better to take an AP class or a regular stream class and get a higher mark?
- My UCAT score is 2710. What universities would I have the best chance of receiving an offer from? My average is around 95%.
1. The only medical school which uses the UCAS tariff is QMUL so don't worry too much about that. Just check which international qualifications are accepted at the medical schools you're interested in.
2. Not too sure about that, sorry
3. What's your SJT band? Most medical schools will be fine with that score apart from those with a heavy UCAT weighing such as Newcastle and Bristol. Some universities, such as Birmingham also uses GCSE's so double check with them if you don't have GCSE's.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending