Pencilistic
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello,

The general status of my postgraduate loan shows as “Scheduled” but the individual payments still show as “Awaiting Confirmation” 10 days after my university has confirmed my attendance. What does it mean?

I spoke to a Student Finance England adviser on the phone last week who said everything was in order and my university had confirmed my enrolment on 6th September. They suggested the payments should have been made on time and be with me soon but I still haven’t received anything. I’m worried the status is still “Awaiting Confirmation” - any idea why it hasn’t changed to “Scheduled” or else if all the necessary information has been received and I have registered with uni? I’m a bit worried as this is quite late now and other students on my course have received their first payment.

Thanks for your help!

Penelope
Last edited by Pencilistic; 1 month ago
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Pencilistic)
Hello,

The general status of my postgraduate loan shows as “Scheduled” but the individual payments still show as “Awaiting Confirmation” 10 days after my university has confirmed my attendance. What does it mean?

I spoke to a Student Finance England adviser on the phone last week who said everything was in order and my university had confirmed my enrolment on 6th September. They suggested the payments should have been made on time and be with me soon but I still haven’t received anything. I’m worried the status is still “Awaiting Confirmation” - any idea why it hasn’t changed to “Scheduled” or else if all the necessary information has been received and I have registered with uni? I’m a bit worried as this is quite late now and other students on my course have received their first payment.

Thanks for your help!

Penelope
Hey Pencilistic,

I would contact student finance England again just to reiterate your situation. Or, it may be a good idea to speak to the finance team at your University as they may be able to follow this up more promptly for you.

Try not to worry - it is great that your attendance and enrollment have been confirmed, it just may take a short period for the payments to go through. If you have other course peers, it may be good to find out if they are in a similar situation.

Hopefully you can get sorted soon!

Dylan
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello,

Thanks for your help!

Penelope
(Original post by Liverpool Hope University)
Hey Pencilistic,

I would contact student finance England again just to reiterate your situation. Or, it may be a good idea to speak to the finance team at your University as they may be able to follow this up more promptly for you.

Try not to worry - it is great that your attendance and enrollment have been confirmed, it just may take a short period for the payments to go through. If you have other course peers, it may be good to find out if they are in a similar situation.

Hopefully you can get sorted soon!

Dylan
Hi, you shouldn't contact us if it says awaiting confirmation. This is for the university to resolve.

If your online account under the 'Your Finance' http://ow.ly/hqFS30ptSwp section still states 'Awaiting Confirmation', we require your University to send Confirmation of Registration (CoR) electronically to us. Please ask them to send this through.

We will process this within 24-48 hours of receipt and then your online payment schedule will update, confirming the new payment date. The normal timescale once this is received is up to 5 working days to clear into your bank if a payment is due.

Thanks, Isaac
Pencilistic
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi, you shouldn't contact us if it says awaiting confirmation. This is for the university to resolve.

If your online account under the 'Your Finance' http://ow.ly/hqFS30ptSwp section still states 'Awaiting Confirmation', we require your University to send Confirmation of Registration (CoR) electronically to us. Please ask them to send this through.

We will process this within 24-48 hours of receipt and then your online payment schedule will update, confirming the new payment date. The normal timescale once this is received is up to 5 working days to clear into your bank if a payment is due.

Thanks, Isaac
Hi Isaac,

As mentioned in my post, my university has already confirmed my registration electronically on 6th September, which is what your colleague from SFE also mentioned on the phone at the beginning of the week.

This is why I am wondering why my individual payments are still listed as "Awaiting Confirmation" when they should have been updated to "Scheduled" by now as everything is in order.

I will call back the Postgraduate line on Monday when they are open again.

Thanks,
Penelope
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi Isaac,

As mentioned in my post, my university has already confirmed my registration electronically on 6th September, which is what your colleague from SFE also mentioned on the phone at the beginning of the week.

This is why I am wondering why my individual payments are still listed as "Awaiting Confirmation" when they should have been updated to "Scheduled" by now as everything is in order.

I will call back the Postgraduate line on Monday when they are open again.

Thanks,
Penelope
If it still says awaiting confirmation then they have not sent us confirmation.

We don't need confirmation of attendance, just confirmation of registration.

It's just a little drop down box as you see here https://www.heinfo.slc.co.uk/resourc...earch-results/ and they have to change it to "yes" and save your file and then it automatically shows on our system and updates.

Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (236)
57.28%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (53)
12.86%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (46)
11.17%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (36)
8.74%
I haven't started researching yet (23)
5.58%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
4.37%

Watched Threads