Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, i'm interested in doing chemistry and was wondering why the Leeds course says "Chemistry MChem, BSc", why does it say MChem and BSc, whereas other unis are MChem or BSc depending on whether it includes a fourth year.
The answer might be really obvious but has confused me.
Thanks for the help!
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
From what I've read of the chemistry courses on their website that say "MChem, BSc", I believe it means that after completing the 3rd year (BSc) you have the opportunity to continue onto a 4th year and get a masters qualification (MChem). Not sure if this is entirely correct, though. Apologies. Might be best to contact the university directly.
Muhammad Razak
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi, i'm interested in doing chemistry and was wondering why the Leeds course says "Chemistry MChem, BSc", why does it say MChem and BSc, whereas other unis are MChem or BSc depending on whether it includes a fourth year.
Thanks for the help!
Idk about MChem. I'm assuming it means the same thing bc it's together. If it's 3 years then it's a Bsc (bachelors). I'm pretty sure a masters for chem is like most and called MSci which is what my course is called
Muhammad Razak
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
From what I've read of the chemistry courses on their website that say "MChem, BSc", I believe it means that after completing the 3rd year (BSc) you have the opportunity to continue onto a 4th year and get a masters qualification (MChem). Not sure if this is entirely correct, though. Apologies. Might be best to contact the university directly.
Probably and it sounds right but I don't understand y the uni wouldn't just separate them like most if not all other unis do (e.g. my uni). Ours is called MSci tho
CatusStarbright
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thanks for the help!
If in doubt, you can use the contact information on the course page to ask - I'm sure admissions will be happy to answer your question
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (266)
57.45%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (63)
13.61%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (48)
10.37%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (41)
8.86%
I haven't started researching yet (25)
5.4%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
4.32%

Watched Threads